Senior Director of Product Marketing
6 days left
- Full Time
Additional Locations: All USA - although ideally this person will be located in one of HMH's offices, home-based is acceptable.
Are you ready to make a difference?
For more than 180 years, HMH has remained committed to excellence in learning. By working with teachers, parents, community leaders, and field experts, HMH develops instruction and resources proven to provide every learner with a pathway to success in school and in life. Together with our customers, we create the fullest expression of what learning can be.
The Senior Director, Product Marketing, K-12 Math is responsible for building category leadership in the mathematics education markets by
- Providing customer-focused input that informs development of world-class, innovative core instructional solutions for math educators in grades K-12
- Conceptualizing and directing effective, engaging go-to-market plans that launch and promote HMH’s core, comprehensive math programs and resources
- Working across the organization to enable the department to fully contribute to the delivery of cross-functional/department business objectives, including marketing integrated solutions that enhance the core
- Managing the overall operations of a department and making significant operational decisions to innovate processes and ensure operational excellence
- Developing, communicating, and implementing marketing vision, plans, objectives, and budgets to achieve department results, primarily through people management
- Mentoring and guiding professional development of staff members through organizational transition to meet individual and corporate long-term goals including succession plans
Drive category leadership in the K-12 mathematics education market
- Develop go-to-market strategy and own all outbound marketing activities for core portfolio’s products/services for complete product life cycle, including SaaS
- Plan launch strategy of new products and continual releases, including winning product positioning, differentiating messaging, thought leadership, seeding the market and creating and nurturing leads
- Create key marketing assets in support of national and large state adoption launches and subscriptions
- Develop national strategic plans and innovative marketing campaigns that engage and connect with customers and drive business results
- Manage cross-functional implementation of launch plan working closely with internal stakeholders
Continuously analyze and measure marketing campaign effectiveness with the goal of making necessary adjustments to ensure maximum ROI and effectiveness
- Monitor effectiveness of print, digital, web and exhibit marketing plans and promotional campaigns
- Develop and manage marketing budgets
- Leverage a deep understanding of state adoption submission processes, open territory evaluation processes, SaaS, customer purchase behavior, their purchase criteria and impact on sales channels
Lead a team of 5 and successfully drive their close collaboration with internal stakeholders for effective execution of marketing plan, maintenance, and competitive selling support activities
- The People Manager role is a very important one at HMH. People Managers at HMH enable and empower people to do their best work in an environment that encourages collaboration and innovation and fosters development and learning. They translate the company's strategic vision, align their group's work, and help individuals understand their impact on HMH's success. They assess their direct reports' performance and partner on career planning. They are collaborators and catalysts, breaking down complex problems into simple solutions and leading through change.
- Supervise product marketing staff with clear goals and KPIs, make career development and staffing decisions, and conduct performance reviews
- Lead marketing efforts in close collaboration with Development, Sales, Sales Curriculum Specialists, Field Marketing, Sales Enablement, and other teams to
- Cmmunicate the value proposition of solutions to Sales management and field teams
- Develp training materials and competitive sales presentations
- Develp a portfolio of competitive intelligence and messaging informed by that intelligence
- Serve as the prduct expert as state/regional campaigns and collateral are customized
- Supprt the creation of new/state-specific content as needed
- Oversee reginal and district adherence to program messaging
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Five (5) + years’ managerial experience in math at an educational curriculum or product marketing organization.
- Experience in SaaS educational publishing, within marketing or product management roles, with proven experience in creating and executing innovative marketing campaigns through multiple channels that drive demand.
- Experience managing teams.
- MBA-preferably marketing or organizational management
- Training in the Pragmatic Marketing Framework a plus
Knowledge and Skills
Strategic & analytical thinking; vision; leadership & management; prioritization; collaboration; initiative and decision-making; superior interpersonal/written/ verbal communication; excellent presentation and negotiation skills; creative and practical problem-solving; product, SaaS & market knowledge
- Up to 25% travel.
- Might be in a stationary position for a considerable time (sitting and/or standing).
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Must be able to collaborate effectively with colleagues via face to face meetings, conference calls, and online meetings.
- Expert knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint