Marketing Account Manager
- Full Time
Marketing Account Manager
HMH is looking for a fast-paced media savvy marketer for our Marketing Account Management team to help bring one of our most famous and beloved consumer brands into schools this Fall. In this role, you’ll work alongside social media, design and consumer teams to develop and oversee a major digital campaign for both this consumer brand and the new corporate initiatives under The Learning Company umbrella.
Marketing Account Management sits at the intersection of marketing strategy and creativity. Account people not only have to appreciate great creative, they need to champion it. The "quarterbacks" of HMH’s in-house agency, Marketing Account Managers ensure that their campaign efforts are delivered on time and on budget, while creating innovative work that drives brand awareness, leads, and revenue for their account’s business.
- Ensure that all projects meet deadlines and creative expectations by coordinating collaboration across the agency’s teams from campaign conception (account planning) to copywriting and creative (Content Marketing and Design) and multimedia and sales presentation development teams.
- Oversee project management efforts for your client’s campaigns: building out creative calendars, routing and reviewing efforts along the campaign, ensuring all efforts are on-track, discussing roadblocks, and presenting new work.
- Partner with the design, content marketing, and digital marketing teams to deliver innovative, high-quality work on strategy and within budget and timing parameters. Offer some copywriting and copyediting support for minor efforts, once messaging is finalized.
- Collaborate with outside vendors and supply chain to facilitate the creation of sample packs, collateral. and promo items.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of relevant experience in Marketing or Project Management
- 1+ years of Account Management experience preferred
- Experience with consumer brands is a plus
- Experience working for a digital start up is a plus
- Experience working in a creative agency environment is a plus
Knowledge and Skills
- Thrives in fast pace environment
- Collaborative yet can direct and oversee work
- Enjoys managing multiple (15+) projects at once
- Strong writing skills (need to provide writing samples)
- Must be able to create and maintain creative schedules.
- Strong time-management and project management skills: ability to multi-task, manage multiple timelines and work across functions
- High attention to detail
- Strong client-service orientation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong decision making skills: find solutions quickly and with confidence
- Comfortable being a change agent to elevate the status quo
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint
- Workfront experience is a plus