The Interactive Web Designer is responsible for helping shape design of NBC Sports digital properties including brand, look and feel and usability, with the overarching goal of providing an excellent user experience. This position will also be charged with ensuring high creative standards and delivering innovative design solutions. The ideal candidate will be able to visualize and execute online stories, interactive features/sports packages, mobile applications, promotional/marketing and sales materials.
<ul><li>Work closely with Creative Director, Designers and Developers to create a world-class user experience
<li>Contribute and collaborate with team members in making key product decisions
<li>Responsible for meeting expectations and deliverables on time and in high quality
<li>Create the appropriate UX / UI solution and defining the vision of the end-to-end user experience
<li>Be experienced in the application of user-centered philosophies and interaction design best practices
<li>Be an end-user advocate, driving user needs and goals into both creative and pragmatic design solutions
<li>Demonstrate the ability to quickly execute design work with a high standard for quality within time and technical constraints
<li>Design HTML emails that display properly in multiple clients and understand format limitations
<li>Experience in creating iconography
<li>Designing page layouts and custom graphics, formatting content, creating CSS
<li>You will be expected to stay up to date on current trends in interaction design for web, mobile, desktop, and tablet apps
- BS or BA in Interaction Design, Graphic Design or Communication Design or related field
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator InDesign
- Minimum five (5) years of experience designing for Apple iOS, Android and Android platforms
- Demonstrated ability in typography, layout and color with comfort in a range of styles
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience of web and mobile standards, best practices, design and usability principles, and constraints within web, mobile and e-mail formats
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience working with interactive developers and project managers to create a highly polished visual experience
- Usability expertise
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Self-motivated, well organized, with solid time-management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Experience in designing navigation flows and wireframes a plus
NBC Sports Group serves sports fans 24/7 with premier live events, insightful studio shows, and compelling original programming. The sports media company consists of NBC Sports, NBC Olympics, NBCSN, Golf Channel, Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA, NBC Sports Regional Networks, NBC Sports Radio and NBC Sports Digital, which includes NBCSports.com, NBCOlympics.com, GolfChannel.com, the digital assets of the NBC Sports Regional Networks, Rotoworld, the NBC Sports Talk franchise, multiple apps, and two transactional sports businesses, GolfNow and SportsEngine. NBC Sports Group possesses an unparalleled collection of television rights agreements, partnering with some of the most prestigious sports properties in the world: the International Olympic Committee and United States Olympic Committee, the NFL, NHL, NASCAR, IndyCar, PGA TOUR, The R&A, PGA of America, Churchill Downs, Premier League, Tour de France, French Open, and many more. In 2018, NBC Sports Group presented three of the biggest sporting events in the world: Super Bowl LII, the Winter Olympics from PyeongChang, South Korea, and the FIFA World Cup on the networks of Telemundo.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.