6 days left
- Full Time
• Operates the studio camera for live and non-live news and talk show programs.
• Operates the audio board for live on location news and non-news programs.
• Operates all studio equipment, which includes studio cameras, cg, audio, graphic art and teleprompters.
• Assists the production manager with studio lighting, including the use of ladders, fixtures and lamps.
• Produces episodic promos for the creative services department.
• Assists the news department with web, the assignment desk, writing, and editing.
Studio Camera & Prompter Operation – 50%
• Review show rundowns 30 minutes before the show.
• Review studio lighting 30 minutes before show to ensure fixtures are working.
• Assist with pre-recording of all news preproduction before live broadcasts.
• Execute live news broadcast in a clean manner.
• Pre-record news and promotion topicals in between newscasts.
• Pre-record morning sports and reporter standups for thenext day.
• Run the studio camera and prompter for both live and non-live events.
• News Editing responsibilities.
Audio Operator – 25%
• Operate audio board for both live and non-live events in a clean manner.
• Check all wireless mics and ifb’s 30 minutes before broadcast.
• Check all wireless mics and ifb’s for battery strength 30 minutes before broadcast.
• Review rundown 30 minutes before show.
• Mic checks by all studio talent and live shots before hitting air.
• Review of all equipment after show ensuring safe return to audio booth.
• Edit episodic promos for promotions department.
Graphic Art – 25%
• Build graphics for daily use of all live news products.
• Maintain graphics format provided by art director.
• Check all graphics for spelling and factual errors before sending to air.
• Continued development of graphic art skills to better the product.
• Effectively communicate with artist from different shifts.
Qualifications:• High School Degree or GD required.
• College Degree is a plus.
• 1 -2 years previous studio camera production desired.
• Photoshop experience is a plus.
• Experience working with lighting is also a plus
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs and climb a ladder for studio lighting
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.