Sales Assistant – Penguin Publishing Group
Penguin Random House is seeking a Sales Coordinator to join the fast-paced Penguin Publishing Group imprint sales team! Working closely with the Director of Title Management, the Sales Coordinator will be responsible for the day-to-day positioning, tracking and maintenance of information for both digital and physical hardcover, trade paperback, and mass market paperback fiction and non-fiction titles across all imprints.
This is a highly visible position that will interact with a variety of colleagues internally and will have the opportunity to play an important part of the sales publishing process.
Other responsibilities include:
* Supporting the Director of Title Management to ensure inventory, production, and sales teams have accurate data regarding estimates, print quantities, and reprint quantities.
* Managing sales weekly tracking grids.
* Assisting in seasonal publishing goal and title comp administration.
* Communicating and following up with sales managers regarding missing orders/estimates for print order and estimate deadlines.
Maintain signed copy grid and logistics between departments to ensure the accuracy of information and to ensure pertinent information has been communicated.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
* Minimum of 2 years prior publishing experience; experience within sales or operations is a plus
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Proven ability to effective interact with employees across all levels within a company
* Superb attention to detail
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Ability to successfully manage multiple projects while working within a fast-paced environment
* Proactive and able to work well under pressure
* Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
* Ability to learn new programs and adapt to an evolving marketplace
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.