Director of Media Planning & Strategy
2 days left
- Full Time
Ideas Collide is an energetic, forward-thinking advertising agency that develops custom marketing solutions for enterprise clients world-wide, international brands and exciting new start-ups.
The Director of Media Planning & Strategy will oversee the core paid media/advertising initiatives, strategies and programs across all advertising channels (traditional, digital, emerging) at the agency. This leader will focus on servicing high-profile, global and national clients across the agency and lead in the creation, monitoring and optimization of integrated media plans to secure the best investment options to maximize clients’ budgets and reach of consumers.
The ideal candidate for this position will be an assertive leader and a thoughtful decision maker with a strong ability to confidently, concisely and articulately communicate ideas and recommendations. Furthermore, this agency leader will be passionate about data science and have a proven ability to lead strategic planning and buying initiatives including deck preparation, client presentations, budgeting, channel allocation and audience development among other abilities. This role and position must fully embrace and lead to the Ideas Collide mantra of delivering both creative and business intelligence on any client or campaign initiative.
This is an opportunity for you to join our team during an exciting time of growth and scale. This position will work with a strong, positive mindset in collaboration with a dynamic, A-level team of marketing professionals in shaping media plans and programs—including working with agency media partners and vendors. Flexibility, recognition, advancement, fantastic clients and gratifying projects are part of our everyday vocabulary. At Ideas Collide we believe that you can’t love your life if you don’t love your work. So, if you are up for the challenge of helping build a new exciting agency capability, developing effective ad campaigns that are innovative, integrated and focused on making an impact, we are ready for you to join our team.
- A proven track record and comfort level with meeting multiple agency demands and challenges in a client-facing role, with a minimum 8-10 years of comprehensive media experience, including previous experience in digital media planning, ideally with at least 3 years’ experience managing a team of strategists.
- Proven experience establishing strong relationships with decision makers on key client accounts to understand their priorities and state of their business; using that knowledge to provide strategic recommendations that enable the overall success of their business.
- Proven experience facilitating conversations with client executive teams, interpreting their needs, and creating recommended deliverables that best accomplish these needs. Additionally, maintain a teaching/mentoring mentality to coach the paid media team on how they too can begin thinking and working this way.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a clear track record for building and maintaining relationships across media partners, technology vendors, clients, internal teams and prospective clients.
- Energetic, focused, supportive and collaborative individual who is confident leading and managing high-profile client relationships and media plans.
- Natural leader that fosters an environment of respect, innovation and development with lack of ego.
- Analysis and strategic thinking in building and optimizing media plans across multiple channels and industry verticals.
- Diversity in approach with flexibility to be a strategic advisor and/or an expert implementor at all levels of agency and client work.
- Seeking forward-thinking programs in further building and developing the agency’s paid media services through innovative and non-traditional approaches.
- A passion for owning and driving the strategic vision for paid media and advertising at the agency.
- Partnering with several cross-functional teams to build comprehensive marketing programs and plans – from marketing automation, content marketing, social media content, emerging technology platforms and more.
- Background in beauty/consumer and/or packaged goods preferred with experience in other key sectors including healthcare, hospitality, energy, construction and/or technology a plus.
- Leading strategic planning, deck preparation/development initiatives and client presentations.
- Combining data analysis and client feedback to develop strategic plans and tactical recommendations for targeting, messaging and optimizing campaigns to meet client objectives.
- Impeccable communication skills in both verbal and written formats; ability to confidently, concisely and articulately communicate ideas and recommendations.
- Acting as a true partner to our clients by respectfully challenging traditional viewpoints when appropriate, while driving the creation of best-in-class strategies
- Developing and implementing processes to improve the work required for planning, buying, client billing, and reconciliation.
- Developing and implementing processes to support data integrity, proper campaign setup, pixel implementation/testing and best practices across agency teams at scale.
- Serving as a strategic thinker and point of contact across agency and client teams to help lead the creation of media plans, ad optimizations, reporting, troubleshooting and recommendations.
- Analyzing, reviewing, processing and standardizing client report delivery for various marketing plan purposes and attribution models.
- Ensuring proper digital contracts and terms are in place with vendors while evaluating, managing and executing media insertion orders (IOs).
- Sharing best practices and learning from other teams and agency leadership groups.
- Maintaining relationships with vendors to ensure trust and confidence between our buying/DSP partners and other media teams.
- Managing vendor-side billing and maintaining close oversight of open payment items clearing.
- Directly managing a team of media strategists with an excitement for cultivating team member career growth through the embodiment of Ideas Collide’s business values.
- Minimum 8-10 years of paid media execution experience across display, paid social, and search channels with emphasis on integrated and multi-channel digital media campaigns.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience leading and mentoring a team of highly intelligent strategists.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, Statistics or related field.
- Proven knowledge of digital planning and media buying process with a detailed understanding for how to drive optimization, analyze plans to maximize KPIs and maximize ROI/ROAS for client media buys.
- Experience in leadership and relationship management of various vendors, different cost methods/frameworks, best practices reporting and delivery validation.
- Strong quantitative skills, including analytical abilities to process and interpret large data sets.
- Prior experience working at an ad agency managing paid media and/or paid media teams. Experience building a paid media team, competency and processes a big plus.
- Knowledge of agency billing process (client-side and/or vendor-side) a plus.
- Problem-solver, with ability to move quickly between tasks, and think clearly under pressure while maintaining a client-first mentality to ensure only our best work is put forward.
- Self-starter with an ability to work independently with a high degree of integrity and trust.
- Technical proficiency across Google AdWords (Display and Search Networks), Google Ad Manager with hands-on experience across additional platforms such as Facebook Ads Manager, LinkedIn, YouTube and various Demand-Side Platforms.
- Proven application of audiences, including experience with 1st, 2nd and 3rd party audience data via DMP or contracted data providers.
- Experience building and directing within Business Intelligence (BI) software a big plus.
- Experience with eCommerce platforms for both B2B and B2C business application a big plus.