- Full Time
Cheddar is a live Post-Cable Network covering the headline and business news that is transforming our lives. Cheddar’s team is growing, products are diversifying, and infrastructure is becoming more complex- at a very fast pace. We’re looking for an experienced media operations professional to oversee a diverse portfolio of projects that helps our team work together to execute their objectives amidst this rapid change.
In June 2019, Cheddar was acquired by Altice USA, which grew Cheddar’s news family to include News12 and i24 as well as introduce a new portfolio of ad products. While our culture remains start-up in feel, the opportunity for success is now even greater.
Cheddar is looking for a hard working & creative social Video Producer to help us grow our audiences across social video platforms. The ideal candidate is a storyteller at heart - both visually and narratively. You will be responsible for writing compelling scripts and turning them into engaging videos optimized for social platforms. The ideal candidate has experience as a video producer, writer, editor and is used to collaborating across teams to make content that is new, interesting and highly shareable. This role requires you to work on multiple projects at once with the ability to project manage them yourself while never compromising the level of creativity.
- Produce, shoot and edit high quality, long and short-form videos in a wide range of styles in the field and in studio, including documentary pieces, talent focused shoots, graphic videos, etc.
- Generate exciting and informative creative concepts with the production team focusing on stories in the business, finance, tech, innovation, culture, news and science sectors.
- Write treatments and scripts
- Work with on-camera talent and other production staff to craft ideas into engaging & repeatable series and one-off videos.
- Experiment with different formats to create content that will perform well on disparate platforms.
- Cut versions of videos specifically for each major platform we are on in line with each’s best practices.
- 3+ years of experience creating social first videos
- Experience creating short form video for platforms including: Facebook, YouTube, Twitter.
- Proven success creating videos that perform well on YouTube
- Track record of creating video that grows and engages social audiences organically.
- Expert in Adobe Premiere required
- Familiarity with motion graphics and after effects preferred.
- Background in studio and field production required
- Deep knowledge of social media video best practices, landscape and ability to recognize stories that will drive views and shares
- Background in nonfiction storytelling, journalism, writing
- Strong organizational skills with experience working on multiple projects with quick turnarounds
Cheddar is an equal opportunity employer, and we actively cultivate an inclusive workplace that celebrates diversity. We welcome all candidates and are committed to hiring people with a wide variety of experiences and backgrounds. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, familial or marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.