Digital Communications Officer
- Full Time
The Digital Communications Officer is responsible for content development for New Visions’ digital communications across multiple channels, including direct response, website and social media. Working with the communications team and partnering with programmatic teams, the Digital Communications Officer will co-develop and implement a digital strategy that encompasses social media, website content, HTML email, digital advertisements, and blogging to advance organizational and programmatic priorities.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
Digital Content Development & Engagement
- Maintain and improve upon New Visions’ presence across social channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram) by developing editorial content and timelines; set performance goals and design metrics to monitor progress.
- Write compelling and attention-getting copy for social channels, web pages, digital ads, email solicitations.
- Function as an online community manager by cultivating social interactions across channels and across multiple communities and audiences (educators, education funders, policy makers, thought leaders); design social chats and engage regularly with social audiences.
- Develop goal-oriented direct response communications to multiple, diverse stakeholders and ensure content and messaging is aligned to program goals and organizational brand.
- Continually evaluate social media and website engagement using analytic tools; develop tests to continuously improve engagement with audiences.
Capacity Building for New Visions Teams & Staff Members
- Lead trainings of in-house program staff and school-based staff on effective web and social media engagement; provide assistance and support to school-based staff; develop and implement social strategies for individual schools.
- Work with team to develop editorial strategy for New Visions’ blog; create content calendar and assign roles and responsibilities to team members; as necessary, write and edit blog posts that advance program goals.
Website Management & Maintenance
- Recommend, develop, and implement improvements to websites
- Interface with IT and service providers to debug performance issues
- Review statistics and monitor analytics; produce regular analytics reports and recommendations for improvement for key websites
- Serve as primary point person for new website development, liaising with potential service providers
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in digital marketing, public affairs, political campaigns, government, and/or public relations (or a combination of these).
- Experience in marketing for education and/or public policy in New York City is highly desirable.
- Proven track record of using social media creatively and with impact; knowledge of editorial standards for the web is critical.
- Knowledge of the current political landscape and the ability to become quickly familiar with public education (the critical issues locally and nationally and key players in New York City and State).
- Experience managing multi-platform communications initiatives.