Integrated Account Executive
- Full Time
Washingtonian magazine, the area's award winning monthly lifestyle publication, is looking for a full time salesperson to join its team. Responsibilities include selling our print publications, digital products and event sponsorships. Candidate must have proven sales experience, excellent communication skills, and be a self-starter. The ideal candidate will be highly organized and able to thrive in a high volume, fast-paced and team-oriented environment. Knowledge of the local DC, Maryland, & Virginia market a plus. Compensation package will be commensurate with experience. Email cover letter (including compensation requirements) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Meet and exceed sales goals monthly sales goals.
• Create and sell integrated media programs utilizing all platforms.
• Cold call & prospect for new customers-sales development of territory is critical.
• Identify the key advertising placement decision makers and initiate and pursue productive, consultative relationships.
• Build upon and service existing advertisers in your assigned territory.
• Develop and prepare sales proposals and custom marketing presentations for advertising clients.
• Attend networking, community, and client events providing a strong representation of the Washingtonian brand.
• Respond proactively to client requests for proposals, advertising information and materials.
• Analyze competitive set and develop formal “account plans” for top 25 prospects in territory.
• Execute and communicate weekly sales recaps to management.
• 3-5 years of print, digital, event sponsorship, and social media sales experience.
• Ability to work with and effectively communicate to a full range of clients - from small, local businesses to corporate accounts and advertising agencies.
• Experience using a sales CRM.
• Cold calling and negotiation skills.
• High competency in MS office, particularly PowerPoint & Excel.
• Ability to deliver strong presentations to a large group