About Your Role:
As a Senior User Experience (UX) Design Researcher on Dotdash’s Publishing Platforms team, you will work with product managers, designers, engineers, and data scientists to shape the tools our writers and editors use to craft content that helps millions of monthly users answer questions, solve problems, and find inspiration on topics they deeply care about.
About Your Contributions:
- Partner with a multidisciplinary team contributing your expertise in user research and UX standards
- Conduct professional-quality user experience research, incorporating both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Carry out on-site, remote, and in-field user research studies
- Work closely with other researchers and data analysts to develop holistic approaches to meeting stakeholder needs
- Share tangible findings and prioritized recommendations on a regular basis ensuring outcomes align to business goals
- Promote user research best practices across the company
- Create user scenarios, user flows, service blueprints, low fidelity and high fidelity wireframes
- 5+ years’ experience conducting UX research—employing methods such as journey mapping, participatory design, and usability testing
- Demonstrated understanding of a range of user research methods and a deep understanding of contemporary trends in web/app design
- Experience writing and conducting user interviews
- Ability to distill information from diverse research and reporting in a concise and actionable way
- Comfortable being an outspoken advocate for a customer-centric perspective to the wider organization
- Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple projects at a time
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of various research methods and know when to use them
- Experience in survey design and working knowledge of statistics are a plus
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Byrdie, MyDomaine, Brides and ThoughtCo.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a email@example.com account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.