Senior Reporter, Jezebel
- Full Time
Gizmodo Media Group is looking for a Senior Reporter for Jezebel, its site about feminism and other issues surrounding women and gender.
About the Company:
Gizmodo Media Group is the publisher of the web’s most original and fearless media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Jezebel, Deadspin, Splinter, Jalopnik and The Root. As part of G/O Media, we reach an audience of +120 million visitors a month — more than one-third of all Americans.
About the Role:
Jezebel is hiring a full-time Senior Reporter with a specialization in politics and gender to cover the presidential election and beyond. As Senior Reporter, you will have a demonstrable ability to report a variety of pieces on the phone and in the field; to write razor-sharp essays about current events; and to develop and execute a wide range of longer features. You will be flexible, self-starting, and eager to foster your considerable reporting skills in a collaborative environment with room to grow and expand upon your talents. You are passionate and knowledgable about core Jezebel issues, including abortion, LGBTQIA+ rights, parental leave, and immigration. You are ready for and deeply familiar with the nuances of the 2020 election.
The ideal candidate is well-sourced, irreverent, and fluent in all variants of feminism. They are self-sufficient and self-disciplined, deadline-oriented, and possess a strong voice and clearly defined point of view.
As Senior Reporter, You Should Have:
- A deep, demonstrable familiarity with Jezebel
- 5+ years experience writing and reporting about politics and/or gender
- A unique writing voice and the ability to file clean and rigorous stories in a fast-paced environment
- A competitive, aggressive sense for breaking stories and sniffing out new beats
- The ability to work with multiple editors at a time
- Familiarity with basic online reporting tools (Nexis, PACER, etc.)
- Experience with video and/or podcasts a plus
G/O Media is committed to fostering a transparent and inclusive workplace environment. People of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position is based in New York City and is in the WGA-E bargaining unit.