Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
We are looking for a Inside Sales Specialist - Nature Research for supporting our new sales activities in North America. The candidate will be part of the global solution specialist team reporting to the Vice President Solution Specialists and be based in one our office in New York.
The Inside Sales Specialist - Nature Research will be delivering on Springer Nature’s strategic focus on Nature branded journal titles. The ideal candidate will support and execute our sales strategy to support and drive the new sales of all Nature branded journals to academic, governmental and corporate customers in the assigned territory, working in very close collaboration with the local sales force that manages the customer relations and overall customer revenue.
The ambition of the new initiative is to achieve significant new business growth over the next years with the existing content and the new launches. To be successful the candidate must have excellent analytical ability to identify new sales potential with existing and new customers, prepare tailored customer value propositions including a comprehensive need assessment and quotation, and to present and defend the journal recommendations to the potential buyer.
The job also requires establishing and expanding trustful rapports to multiple customer stakeholders, which include content acquisition managers, subject librarians and relevant faculty roles. Given the specific propositions of the Nature branded journals we are looking for a candidate who has already been successful in a similar role supporting sales managers in selling high quality science journals to research oriented organizations, institutions, and faculties, but also be involved in direct selling activities towards customers. Given the large territory and international company environment it is a must have requirement that the candidates speaks native English.
This position is ideal for somebody working in an inside sales role, or somebody engaged in account developing, or somebody at a starting point of a sales carrier.
- Direct contribution to the new business goals for Nature branded Journals in the assigned territory
- Perform market analysis to identify new sales potential and to develop a target account list in cooperation with Market Intelligence, the local sales director and sales team members.
- Collaborate with Product Marketing, Institutional Marketing and the Account Development Managers to raise awareness and to generate interest for Nature Branded Journals in the market, in particularly for the new launch titles.
- Develop effective customer assessment reports with upsell recommendations and be able to effectively present and explain the proposal to sales, to customers’ buyers and subject matter experts in order to generate new sales opportunities
- Create quotations and proposals for renewals with options to expand the existing holdings (upsell) in alignment with the overall account strategy. Describe the customer specific commercial benefits and value of subscribing to the additional content
- Support product trials with specific information and product training to ensure sufficient end-user engagement
- Disciplined pipeline and opportunity management, including regular forecasting
- 3+ years working for a scientific publisher in an inside sales or account development role with direct involvement in customer-facing sales activities to academic and governmental institutions
- Track record of direct new sales contribution
- Experience in creating quotation and proposals for academic journals based on complex licensing options
- Excellent communication (reading, writing, speaking and listening) and interpersonal skills
- Basic pipeline management experience
- Self-motivated quick learner, disciplined time management and result-driven
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word ) as well as CRM systems
- Proven ability to collaborate and perform in a culturally and language-wise diverse territory
- Travel requirement is less than 20% of work time
- Native in English, French is a plus
What can you expect in your role?
- Working for a global, innovative publisher
- Competitive salary and bonus plan
- Ongoing investment in the dedicated journals
- Professional onboarding program
- Extensive online resources to assist with your self-development
- Result-driven and cooperative environment
- Excellent team support and coaching on the job
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following “Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law” poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.