Content & Social Media Intern - Cuteness and eHow
Whether you need to fix, build, create or learn, eHow gives you practical solutions to the problems life throws at you. eHow empowers you to get creative, efficiently solve each new challenge and make your life better and easier. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of crafts, design, home, food and more.
Cuteness is the premier destination for pet parents. Whether you’re looking for pet info, training tips, DIYs, or just want to be entertained by the latest in viral animal news and video, Cuteness paw-sitively has it all.
We are looking for a creative and driven Content & Social Media Intern to learn from and contribute to both the Cuteness and eHow Editorial teams at our Santa Monica office.
You’ll report to: Sr. Editor
A typical day as a Content & Social Media Intern might include:
- Serve as production assistant during in-studio and on-location video shoots and learn shooting techniques/video strategies for various social platforms
- Assist with creating, scheduling and posting content to social channels including Instagram and Pinterest, and learn best practices for each
- College student or recent graduate with reliable transportation
- Ability to intern minimum of 20 hours/week onsite from our Santa Monica office
- Experience with managing social presence (captions, hashtags, etc.) on Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and other platforms
- Excellent grammar and copywriting skills
- A creative spirit, attention to detail and eye for videography/photography
- Interest in the DIY, food and home space
- Ability to work well with a team
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
- Working knowledge of Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere editing software is a plus
- Comfortable occasionally appearing on camera is a plus
- Passion for handmade projects, recipes or other tutorials is a plus
Who We Are:
We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- Paid Internship
- BuiltIn LA's 2019 Best Companies to Work For in Los Angeles
- Comparably's 2018 Top Companies to Work for in Los Angeles
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Cool office environment and culture
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
- Free Parking
- Most importantly, hands-on experience within a fast-moving and fun environment
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.