Director, AdSmart Programmatic
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Execute against the advanced advertising roadmap, document requirements, and ensure platform roadmaps align with the broader NBCU strategy.Define ad tech requirements with prioritized features and corresponding justification for ongoing and future projects and translate requirements into technical execution plans.Collaborate with sales, ad integrations, and engineering teams through all phases of product rollouts. Identify and address operational or process gaps required to support new product features, and perform operational maintenance of the programmatic platforms. Assist Sr. Director with assessing growth opportunities and strategic decision making with regards to programmatic product management.Monitor datasets and work with internal teams to optimize performance.Evaluate new technologies and platforms that support data-enabled and automated/programmatic video advertising. Areas of focus include: connected TV ecosystem, location-based targeting, cross-screen targeting, and use of artificial intelligence technologies to drive insights and automation.Run beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples.Track internal and external product development schedules.Stay abreast of relevant market trends, emerging technologies and competitor offerings.Be at the forefront of new technology and industry trends in the TV advertising and digital video realms.
Reporting into the Sr. Director Programmatic Product, the Director will play an instrumental role in executing against product initiatives for NBCU's audience and programmatic offerings across a $10B digital video and linear television advertising business. Working with members of product, operations and sales, the Director Programmatic Product will be responsible for implementing innovative products that drive value for NBCU's clients and ultimately, revenue for the advertising business.
• 5+ years of experience in ad tech, ad operations, and/or product management with increasing responsibility
• Deep technical expertise and understanding across a range of digital advertising technologies, including Video SSPs(SFX, SpotX, Google Ad Manager, etc.), Video DSPs (Adobe, TTD, TubeMogul, etc.), data management platforms (Adobe, LiveRamp, DataXu), video and display ad servers (FreeWheel, Google), audience targeting, and exchange platforms.
• Demonstrated experience leading, defining and launching successful products
• Ability to synthesize complex topics into easy-to-understand visual, written and verbal communication
• Strong track record of analytical and technical problem solving
• Experience leading product development in an agile working environment
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and collaboratively
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.