Manager, Digital & Cross Platform Ad Sales Research
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
NBCUniversal is looking for a Manager, Digital & Cross Platform Ad Sales Insights & Measurement for its portfolio of News & Hispanic properties including such premier brands as NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, Telemundo & Universo. This role supports the Ad Sales and Marketing teams by providing audience measurement, consumer insights, marketplace positioning and strategic research development. This role will be responsible for reporting and performance evaluation of advertiser campaigns, in addition to contributing towards greater ad sales research initiatives for the NBCU News & Hispanic portfolio. Candidates must be highly skilled in using research and analytics to develop actionable insights and effective storytelling.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work closely with the Director and VP of Ad Sales Insights & Measurement to create effective sales positioning that differentiates NBCU portfolio in the marketplace
• Analyze user behavior, create and maintain key reports, dashboards and analyses utilizing web analytics tools.
• Provide daily, weekly, monthly, ad hoc and campaign specific insights to drive business decisions and strategy.
• Work with Marketing team; respond to RFPs to target and highlight the value of NBCU digital and cross-portfolio properties; development of client insights
• Utilize primary and syndicated research to demonstrate the effectiveness of digital sponsorships
• Quantify the impact of social media.
• Manage custom projects to augment digital tracking metrics and syndicated data
• Support sales with the development of strong positioning stories to highlight the value of our digital and cross platform audience and sponsorship opportunities to the advertising community.
• To provide proactive performance and success stories across NBCU Digital and aide in sales efforts
• Ability to train team members in advanced analytics reporting techniques.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 4+ years’ experience in digital research, web analytics or other new media research
• Knowledge of media metrics & landscape; including digital, television, social and cross-media
Strong hands-on working knowledge of Adobe analytics tool
• Ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with a variety of TV, digital & social syndicated reporting databases and software such as Nielsen NPower, Nielsen @Plan, Nielsen Social Content Ratings, comScore/Rentrak, Comscore Media Metrix, Adobe, ListenFirst, Canvs, Shareablee, MRI, Simmons, Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, Snapchat Analytics data as well as exposure to proprietary Internet tracking software and reporting systems.• At least one year of management experience. Seeking an individual to run and oversee the day-to-day business of delivering reporting, answers to client requests, RFP responses, etc., To offer yourself as a resource on all things digital measurement & research to clients and peers alike
•General knowledge of digital measurement metrics (impressions, CTR, VCR) and tagging (SDK implementation, attribution and effectiveness studies) to help navigate both external client and internal clients stakeholders through measurement opportunities. Candidate should have a proven track record of successfully project managing various measurement and analytics opportunities from ideation to final deliverable
• Strong computer skills; Excel, Word and PowerPoint a must
• Knowledge of primary research methodologies and approaches a plus
• Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills required
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to derive strong insights from multiple data sources
• Solutions driven, proactive and able to work independently
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Digital & Social experience
• Management/training experience with lower level analysts
• Written/Spoken Spanish Language a plus
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.