Location: Universal City, California
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
As the Events Coordinator on our Marketing and Special Events team for Universal Studio Operations you’ll engage in a variety of projects such as promotions, communications, social media, on-lot event coordination/execution, and industry research.
• assist with the planning, coordination and billing for special events from start to finish, including the creation of the initial event budget
• be a stellar Liaison by building relationships with internal departments and event vendors
• keep the team and operation running smoothly by maintaining our busy special events calendar, and entering and maintaining important information in our sales database, such as critical customer lists
• professionally represent Universal and the department by attending networking events helping to increase Universal’s profile with customers
• Bachelors’ degree preferably in Communications, Marketing, Business or Film and Television
• at least 1 year of professional work experience
• ability and willingness to work nights and weekends as needed on occasion
• a strong user of Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Photoshop, etc. and embraces new workplace technology
• a competent and engaging communicator whether when writing or speaking to any level employee or client
• a detailed, proactive, and organized professional that embraces working as a strong member of a high-performing team with multiple priorities and time-sensitive projects
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.