Public Relations & Marketing Coordinator
- Full Time
Job Title: Public Relations & Marketing Coordinator
Department: New Jersey State Library
Location: 185 W. State Street, Trenton, NJ 08608
Thomas Edison State University provides distinctive undergraduate and graduate education for self-directed adults through flexible, high-quality, collegiate learning and assessment opportunities. One of New Jersey’s senior public institutions of higher education, the University offers associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees in more than 100 areas of study. Our affiliate, the New Jersey State Library, connects people with information and resources through its service to NJ libraries, the state legislature and government employees, Thomas Edison State University staff and students, and registered borrowers. At Thomas Edison State University and the New Jersey State Library we embrace a diverse and dynamic workforce that drives innovation, learner success and organizational growth. We welcome you to apply to be a part of our team.
The Public Relations & Marketing Coordinator works under the direction of the Director of Communications, Marketing and Outreach to generate public awareness through marketing, media, public relations, advertising and other forms of promotion. This position requires an enthusiastic communications professional with a demonstrated ability to implement strategic use of current technologies, including: website, media databases, social media, photography and videography. The Public Relations & Marketing Coordinator will support the strategic goals of the State Library by assisting with the writing, editing and proofreading of articles and content for all NJSL publications, news releases and other content related to the communications program. The Public Relations & Marketing Coordinator will also develop and execute media pitches, manage media events, and develop targeted media lists and conduct media outreach as needed.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITY:
The Public Relations & Marketing Coordinator must have a comprehensive knowledge of:
- Website – regular updating of NJSL website using WordPress content management system.
- Media Relations – writing press releases and media alerts; handling press inquiries and interviews; building and maintaining media contact lists using Cision database.
- Social Media – ability to promote NJSL content via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube & Instagram.
- Photography & Videography – coordinate documentation of State Library events as directed.
- Responsible for maintaining the News and Press Room sections of the NJSL website.
- Acts as the liaison between NJSL and its social media agency, ensuring that all social media content is accurate and timely.
- Assists with the development and distribution of electronic newsletters and email blasts using Constant Contact.
- Provides on-site event support, including coordinating exhibit booths, photography and videography.
- Handles all purchase orders and billing procedures on behalf of the Office.
- Responsible for building and maintaining current media contact lists.
- Assists with drafting of press releases and media alerts.
- Assists with handling press inquiries and coordinating media interviews with NJSL staff subject matter experts.
Must have the ability to:
- Think strategically and creatively to assist with developing promotional campaigns and communications plans;
- Handle multiple projects and changing priorities in a deadline sensitive environment;
- Be able to work effectively with internal and external leaders, staff and administrators;
- Be able to work independently, as well as a proven team member;
- Knowledge of PR software to track media contact information, media monitoring and press clipping service; experience with Cision and BurrellesLuce preferred;
- The ability to communicate ideas well both orally and in writing; must possess strong writing and editing skills;
- Have knowledge of SEO best practices, Google Analytics Reporting, Word Press and e-mail marketing reporting;
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in marketing, communications, or related field and minimum of 2 years of prior experience in marketing and communications.
How to Apply:
Resumes and applications for this position will only be accepted online through ADP Workforce Now via the link provided and logging into your established account, selecting the MYSELF tab > TALENT > CAREER CENTER.
New Jersey State Library, an affiliate of Thomas Edison State University, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer