Senior Associate Director, Creative Content Management
- Full Time
The Senior Associate Director, Creative Content Management will be a centralized go-to for the concepting, design and production of creative assets that educate, inspire and engage Foundation stakeholders. Working in close partnership with the Foundation’s Marketing and Communications groups, the Senior Associate Director, Creative Content Management will serve as the first point of contact for creative content development serving brand marketing assets as well as content development for programmatic and fundraising initiatives. Reporting to the Vice President, Communications, who leads creative and brand oversight, this position is right for a collaborative professional with a well-rounded point of view on assigning and using graphic design, photography, illustration, video and copy to reflect and evolve the Foundation’s story with core audiences.
• Create/evolve on-brand marketing and communications materials including print and digital collateral publications, web properties (in partnership with UX designer and web development team) and videos/multimedia
• Assign and art-direct photography, illustrations and iconography; coordinate photo shoots
• Partner with subject-matter experts on the development of creative content for effective storytelling around complex subject matter
• Lead the hiring, scoping, onboarding and briefing of agency teams and freelance creative contributors; direct creative contributions and shepherd through approval process
• Define scope and manage creative process for agency and internal creative projects
• Build strong, collaborative relationships with internal groups (Marketing, Web Dev, Operations, PR) as well as external agencies and freelancers to ensure clear communication and coordination and maximize strategic planning and asset development
• Perform other duties as assigned
Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree in fine art, graphics or visual communications (or equivalent work experience) and a minimum of 8 to 10 years of relevant professional experience. Must also possess:
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
• Strong visual and interactive design skills — a clear grasp of typography, layout, color, and consistent branding principles
• Experience assigning and directing the use of photography and other art
• Attention to detail and excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines and to adapt to change in a daily, unpredictable production environment.
• Proven track record of managing multiple projects at once and meeting tight/competing deadlines
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule that may occasionally include nights and weekends
• Experience managing direct reports
• Experience managing agency teams as well as independent graphic designers, copy writers, video producers and the like; fluidity in pulling together ad hoc teams consisting of internal and external contributors to meet specific project needs
• Excellent project/time management
• A keen interest in, knowledge of and enthusiasm for the neuroscience/life sciences space
— life sciences experience a plus, but not required