Public Relations Account Executive
- Full Time
Are you looking for career growth opportunities without the hassle of the NYC commute? Ready to work hands-on in a B2B environment, for a mid-sized, central-NJ based-PR agency with a 35-year track record of telling the stories of some of smartest business thinkers, leading-edge organizations in professional services, technology, education and healthcare, to name a few? Do you thrive in collaborative environments? Are you a media hound with panache for connecting the dots between headlines and others’ insights? Looking for a thoughtful and peaceful business environment? If so, you could be the right fit to join our talented team as a PR Associate.
PR Associates (account executive, assistant account executive) have a solid understanding of clients’ business, industry, and communications and marketing goals and challenges. Associates are responsible for day-to-day client contact, developing strong and effective working relationships with clients, and creating content and press materials of the highest standards, using persuasive ideas for outreach to journalists and conference organizers. Associates maintain a deep knowledge of traditional, digital and social media tactics, and proactively leverage it to garner high-quality, strategic results and meaningful opportunities (e.g., media, conferences). In addition, the application of abstract thinking and reasoning is required to connect clients’ businesses, themes and goals with timely news topics and trends to generate effective news hooks, story angles and specific media, conference and/or marketing opportunities.
Successful candidates will:
- Provide ongoing, consistently high level of strategic results, e.g. media, direct engagement, digital, etc. as determined by client goals, by developing relationships and conducting outreach with key journalists and conference planners; identify and qualify opportunities
- Understand industry issues and competitive environments that directly and indirectly affect clients
- Develop compelling content to support program implementation
- Understand and stay current on worldly themes, news and events impacting clients’ and agency business
- Draft news releases, pitch letters, briefing documents, bylined articles, bios/profiles, press kit materials, etc.; proof and edit client-related documents as needed
- Contribute to content development, e.g., newsletters, blogs, infographics, listicles, social media, videos, etc.; show increasing skill development in one or more additional areas such as social media, digital or research
- Compose plans, memos, reports; contribute to program development
- Adapt style and voice to reflect client culture and industry
- Actively monitor and research to develop connections for clients and their audiences as well as for media/conference pitches
- Work regularly with client and provide ongoing client counsel related to specific program activities
- Participate actively in all client meetings and calls, keenly focused on providing excellent service and exceeding client expectations; establish strong rapport with clients and team
- Communicate frequently and proactively with managers on each account/project
- Balance workload between clients/projects within established deadlines
- Regularly and proactively contribute new ideas for both account teams and the agency
- Track/enter time in a precise and timely manner
- Complete projects within set parameters and consistently meet project and assignment deadlines while adapting to shifting deadlines and priorities
- Display the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and manage time in a consistent manner
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet, social media platforms, Cision, etc.