Associate Vice President, Product Management - Service Marketing & Fixed Operations Products
- Full Time
Cox Automotive’s Xtime business is seeking a stellar product leader who isn’t afraid to roll up his/her sleeves and take on defining and delivering a roadmap that enables strong business growth across the array of our automotive service and fixed ops products including Consumer Marketing, Parts, Service and Repair Pricing, and in-lane and in-bay fixed operations workflows. The product leader must be able to balance leading a team that is building and modernizing multiple software products and leading strategic efforts to define and deliver new innovative solutions. This AVP of product will lead the current and future products as we strive to revolutionize fixed operations and improve the vehicle ownership experience.
This leader must have a strong mix of strategic thinking, software product management, experience in vehicle service / fixed ops, and a strong background in retention marketing and/or CRM along with experience integrating deeply with OEMs and the DMS. The ideal candidate for this role comes from a background in Automotive or an industry with strongly applicable skills and domain knowledge. In addition, we’re seeking a highly collaborative leader that can build high performing teams that work cross functionally with other departments and solutions. Strong communication, research and planning, client relations, and presentation skills are a must for this product leader.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner deeply with Business and Operations teams to drive and execute the vision and strategy. The key success criteria for this undertaking is achieving materially deeper market penetration and profitability.
- Partner deeply with Business and Product strategy to define and build new product offerings that optimize a dealer’s fixed operations and their retention marketing strategies.
- Partner deeply with Architecture and Engineering to build towards our integrated retail platform.
- Drive Product Management to serve as the advocate for the voice of the client, consumer, and dealership end-user in product strategy and product development.
- Lead team members in executing the business and product strategy through a well-planned roadmap.
- Motivate and inspire the product and engineering teams in the creation, development and execution of the roadmap.
- Partner closely with business operations, marketing and other solution groups to ensure coordination of marketing and launch efforts.
- Monitor key KPIs around product performance (operational, technical, usage/experience) and leverage that data to shape the roadmap and make product prioritization decisions.
- Design an organizational engagement model to effectively manage stakeholders and clients.
- Lead a team of 10-15+ team members.
Qualifications:Bachelors Degree; MBA preferredBackground and experience in Automotive a strong preference; Specific expertise in Dealer Fixed Operations, CRM and 1:1 Marketing, Automotive OEs, and/or other automotive retail software experience highly favored.Proven experience managing B2B software products with 15+ years product management experience or comparable, related disciplines in B2B software businesses. Strong business operations and financial acumen Ability to prioritize and balance the needs of large, enterprise clients, dealers with large service operations as well as dealers with small-to-medium sized operations.Ability to balance architectural investment with client requirements in an objective, data-driven manner. Technical savvy and aptitude such that the candidate can participate actively in plans to transform and modernize our enterprise software Able to interact and influence at all levels of the organization.Demonstrated experience and success leading and developing a team of professionals across multiple locations, as well as working across indirect reports and cross-functional partners.Demonstrated strong relationship-building and communication skills both across an organization and with external partners Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.Comfortable working with ambiguity and change.Experience with API-based products Experience and comfort working with an engineering team using Enterprise Agile / Scaled Agile Framework as the SDLC methodExcellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills.Willingness to travel at least 50%Position will be located in either Redwood City, CA; Austin, TX; or Kansas City. Relocation to one of those locations is required.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.