- Full Time
We are seeking a full-time experienced editor with at least four years of experience for a busy editorial department that produces industry-focused marketing periodicals and sports publications.
- Managing and planning of multiple editorial projects
- Generating editorial strategy and content
- Cultivate relationships across different industries
- Manage onsite staff and freelance contributors
- Planning editorial lineup
- Work with editorial team to meet editorial goals and deadlines
- Working with clients on the production of their print publications
- Day-to-day editorial tasks: editing copy, fact-checking, organizing and proofing layouts, managing prepress files
- Serving as liaison between art and production departments and client
- Conducting interviews
- Proofing advertisements
- Creating headlines, captions, subheads and sidebars that help tell a story
- Working knowledge of desktop publishing suite: Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat
- Ability to research and get behind the scenes of different industries
- Excellent editorial eye for detail
- Strong organization and administrative skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- AP Style and sports knowledge preferred
- Familiarity with book production and prepress process
Interested candidates should send a résumé and cover letter.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT OUR COMPANY, PLEASE VISIT WWW.PSPSPORTS.COM
Professional Sports Publications is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Professional Sports Publications will consider college graduates who possess a degree in any concentration or major. We encourage applicants of all ages and experience, as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.
Professional Sports Publications is an authorized sales agent for the premier publishers of high quality sports and other publications. Our portfolio includes over 500 colleges, universities, athletic conferences and professional sports franchises nationwide. We specialize in the development and production of game programs, yearbooks and annuals covering all sports and special events.
We strive to develop and produce quality sports publications that meet the needs of our clients. Our publications assist our clients in promoting themselves and their sports programs to fans, students, alumni, the media and the general public. We offer a wide range of services including advertising sales, layout, graphics and production. Our staff possesses the necessary expertise and technical background to assist our clients in developing quality, cost effective publications or improving existing ones.
Apply for Senior Editor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly