About Your Role
As Editor, Credit Cards you will lead our efforts to create the best content and content experiences around credit cards. Every day, hundreds of thousands of people rely on Investopedia to make financial decisions. They are consumers, savers, entrepreneurs, investors, students, retirees, and professionals — anyone looking to improve their financial livelihood. You will be responsible for making sure we have the most thorough, well-researched, reliable, and insightful credit card content to educate and empower readers so they can take the next step, whatever it is. You will do this by managing the editorial processes around improving existing content on the site, creating new content, and ensuring compliance when needed. You will also help create and maintain the platforms where this content will live on Investopedia to make sure it delivers the best, and most up-to-date user experiences.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of credit cards and demonstrated experience overseeing the creation of credit card reviews, ratings, top lists, as well as supplemental educational content on topics like credit score, interest, debt and more.
About Your Contributions
- Work with Sr, Editorial Director to shape and define editorial strategy around credit cards to deliver the highest quality and most actionable advice in the category.
- Project manage the creation, improvement, and updates of thousands of relevant pieces of content.
- Coordinate a team of freelance subject-matter experts and editors in tackling editorial projects.
- Function as our in-house subject matter expert for all things credit card related.
- Stay on top of credit card industry trends and developments to make sure our coverage and reviews are always up to date.
- 5+ years of work experience in credit card publishing.
- Excellent project management skills, attention to detail, ability to multitask, verbal/written communication skills.
- Strong editorial skills and keen sense of what content works well online in personal finance.
- Demonstrated experience working with freelance editors and writers to create great content at scale.
- Experience developing and executing methodologies for evaluating financial products.
- Solid understanding of how to identify and create the best possible content on a particular topic.
- Self-starter who can develop scrappy solutions to solve challenges impeding your roadmap.
- Strong desire to help make people smarter in their financial lives.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Byrdie, MyDomaine, Brides and ThoughtCo.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a firstname.lastname@example.org account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to email@example.com.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.