Production Assistant, Creative Marketing Production, E!
Location: Universal City, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Perform Quality Control of all final video deliveries to ensure execution is as intended by the creative producers, and that tune-in times, branding, spelling and messaging within spots are accurate and on-brand, checking that file names and technical specification are correct. Flag content, branding and technical concerns to supervisor and key production point people. Keep detailed track of all redeliveries and ongoing changes of deliverables by knowing all work orders and daily shiplists in great detail. Submit detailed QC Reports of all deliveries with video screeners links for department reference.Maintain constant awareness of network initiatives, program air dates and times, and deadlines of department deliverables.Create video screener links of finished spots that air in the E! Sunday night programming block and other high-profile broadcasts and events for the network (such as Live from the Red Carpet).Facilitate Voiceover recording process by collecting scripts from producers and providing them to VO talent and the Audio facility recording the VO session.Screen, log and sub-clip footage for Creative Directors, Writer/Producers and Preditors often under deadline.Facilitate video production by working with department coordinator to collect, organize and upload a high volume video assets and other source material for external creative vendors and various internal partners.Effectively communicate on-going workflow process with supervisor and other key personnel.Keep track of all department activities and support the overall workflow by knowing in detail how department software applications function and helping others know how to use applications correctly.Along with Production Coordinator, maintain log of incoming and outgoing video assets and hard drives.Track work orders in detail to understand due dates, messaging and priorities.Oversee and maintain monthly music reports for Music Rights Department.Run point with messenger services and FedEx to send and receive hard drives and other time-sensitive materials.Support Production Coordinator and their duties as needed.Additional responsibilities as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum 1 year of production or post production experience
• Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook and ability to learn a variety of software apps
• Interested candidates must submit a resume through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Willingness to work in Los Angeles, CA
• Must be willing to work overtime and on weekends with short notice
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• A demonstrated interest in supporting a large creative and operations team; excellent investigative skills and ability to trouble-shoot; strong sense of responsibility.
• Exhibits diplomacy and cooperation, is organized, responsible, accurate, and able to work well under deadline.
• Team-oriented and ready to work hard on any task with enthusiasm and an interest in the outcome.
• Excellent written and verbal skills; has a positive outlook when problem solving and strong multi-tasking skills.
• Be brave in the face of deadlines with the ability to go into high-gear while remaining productive and effective.
• Able to work agreeably with a wide assortment of personalities and be able to constantly adapt to change.
• Able to work as a team player with a flexible schedule.
• Able to track a high volume of loose ends and report issues to the appropriate parties.
• Has patience to trouble-shoot issues from the technical to the mundane with a constant eye on quality control.
• Excellent communication skills – able to articulate issues with an eye toward successful resolution.
• Hard-working and committed to the high volume demands of post production
• Can observe processes and make suggestions to improve them to make the team better
• Helpful, positive and willing to take direction
• Flexible, can track priorities in a fast changing environment, and adjust as needed
• Interest in pop culture and celebrity culture a bonus
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
E! is television’s top destination for all things entertainment and celebrity. E! is currently available to 98 million cable and satellite subscribers in the U.S. and the E! Everywhere initiative underscores the company’s dedication to making E! content available on all new media platforms anytime and anywhere from online to broadband video to wireless to VOD. Popular programming includes E! core franchises, "E! News," and "E! News Daily Pop" as well as the network’s hit series "Keeping Up with the Kardashians” and “E! People’s Choice Awards.” Additionally, E!’s "Live from the Red Carpet" signature events keep fans connected to their favorite stars on Hollywood’s biggest nights.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.