Senior Producer (News Nightly)
5 days left
- Full Time
Want to make a difference using your God-given talent?
Imagine a career bringing the Eternal Word to millions around the globe!
Are you a professional looking to apply your skills and talents for a greater purpose?
Would you like to work with a group of caring, passionate people on a mission?
If you have newsroom broadcast producing experience, we want to talk to yo
The Senior Producer will work with the Deputy Managing Editor (DME) to lead the newsroom in producing daily news content consistent with Catholic teaching.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides editorial direction on story selection and show content.
- Enterprises story ideas and original content focused on stories of interest to a Catholic audience.
- Works with reporters to develop daily news packages and coordinate editorial elements.
- Approves show content including reporter packages.
- Works with Rome bureau on news from the Vatican and daily packages and guests.
- Ensures accuracy of show content and adherence to EWTN editorial guidelines.
- Leads morning conference call.
- Supervises guest booker, and provides guidance and approval on guests
- Approves social media content.
- Maintains production calendar, including planning for hold shows and special programming.
- Schedules newsroom staff and editors for approval by Deputy Managing Editor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 10+ years’ experience in TV broadcast news, producing newscasts in medium or large markets.
- Experience in field production, package production and religious programming.
- Solid news judgement and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to visually and creatively tell a story and engage viewers using graphics and other elements.
- Experience utilizing broadcast software programs (i.e., iNews, AP ENPS).
- Excellent broadcast writing skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Collaborate easily within a team and also work well independently.
- Practicing Catholic with demonstrated understanding of the faith, and how it relates to the programming goals of ENN/EWTN.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends/nights when required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications or related field.
Benefits: Medical, dental, FSA, vision care, life insurance, short & long term disability, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off, and 10 paid holidays. EOE
Please submit cover letter including salary requirements and resume via email for consideration.
To learn more about EWTN and our mission, please visit our website at www.ewtn.com.
Apply for Senior Producer (News Nightly)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly