Lead Designer, Motion Graphics & Production
- Full Time
BHS is looking for a Motion Graphic Designer! We are redefining our marketing with a modern approach & brand-focused content marketing team. BHS is one of the largest and most respected real estate brokerages in the country, with a global partnership network. We believe that finding a home is far more than a transaction - it can be a defining moment of your life. With our new marketing leadership we are looking to completely revamp the messaging and content that we produce and create a brand that makes the world as excited as we are about our industry.
What's the job? You’d work within BHS’ Content and Editorial team and help with:
- creative concepting to identify a look and feel for various content
- animating in Adobe After Effects
- editing videos in Premiere
- collaborating with our video team on filmed content
- designing vector-based assets in Illustrator
- creating shareable, short-form videos and gifs for social media
- collaborating with a creative director and team to identify new ideas
What kind of person is BHS looking for? We’d like you to be the kind of person who:
- has at least 2+ years experience animating in After Effects
- has advanced Adobe Illustration / Photoshop / Sketch skills
- loves pixel perfect modern design and capable of producing it
- is passionate for keeping things simple
- meticulous about organization, clean layer structuring, and naming conventions
- has strong typography skills and understands nuances of margin space
- geeks out on motion design trends
- subscribes to video blogs and channels about design
- might describe themself as creative, artistic, organized, strategic, detail-oriented, collaborative, etc.
- has an entrepreneurial drive that will thrive with little structure (we don’t micromanage)
- brings a positive attitude to the workplace
What's the typical workday like? In a typical morning, you might:
Get to the office, get settled, join a morning stand-up to update everyone on progress. You grab a coffee from the snack bar. You sync up with the content team to get a better idea of an upcoming video and conversion goals.
Coffee in hand, you head to your desk and confirm the project to design today. You head to Pinterest and Behance and rapidly save various inspiring images to source for color palettes and layouts. You drop all the images into multiple artboards and organize each into a different moodboards. You tidy up the moodboards, send a Slack DM to the creative director. You and the creative director review the moodboards, and settle on an approach. You design (and source vector images from online resource sites). You export the final vector assets and jump into After Effects to start animating...but first, lunch-time! You and the team stroll to Sweet Green around the corner. You pick the writer's brain on the content a bit more in between some friendly banter about why you think Season 2 of Westworld was just okay.
What does BHS have to offer? Similar to companies like Google, we have a 3-month contract-to-hire approach here. Full-time. 5 days a week. In-office. After the introductory period, you'll be automatically upped to a full-time, W2 position and unlock additional benefits.
- Competitive salary
- Paid health insurance
- Up to 2-weeks of paid time off (PTO) plus national holidays
- Flexible PTO so you can use vacation and sick days any way you like
- Summer Fridays
- Team outings like happy hour or bowling to let loose
- Firm 40-hour-work weeks. There’s no foosball or “perks” designed to keep you at work. We want you to put in 8 quality hours, then go live your life, recharge, and come back fresh every day.
The ideal candidate would be able to start ASAP, but we're flexible for the right person. If all of this sounds up your alley, we'd love to hear from you!