Project Manager, Revenue & Product, Direct-to-Consumer
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
NBCUniversal, the global media company that brought you some of the world’s most iconic television and film franchises, including: The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, The Real Housewives, Mr. Robot, The Voice, This Is Us, The Fast & The Furious, Jurassic Park, Minions, and more - is launching an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming service. It will seamlessly bring together the breadth and depth of NBCU’s broadcast and cable television series, movie titles, premier sporting events, and renowned news reporting... all in one destination… all in one app.
We are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.
The Project Manager, Direct to Consumer, will be responsible for the successful delivery of enterprise level projects. This position requires strong communication, influencing, and project management skills. Also important is the ability to establish and maintain key relationships within business and technology groups, as well as interact with diverse stakeholders and partners.
Lead and partner across workstreams to support stakeholder communicationsLead and partner with workstreams to execute change management analysisManage senior leader stakeholders through material preparation and facilitating meetingsPartner with workstreams such as product, technology and revenue to identify and report against critical program KPIsSupport planning activities to deliver maximum business value based on critical program KPIsPartner with local Product Managers and Agency/Contractor/Development teams to ensure consistent and accurate project scoping, cost-benefit analysis, and level of effort assessmentsEffectively prioritize critical path activities to ensure on-time deliveryPartner across the business to identify and secure resources required to execute the plan and manage internal and external assigned resourcesCreate and manage required project documentation and required reportsCoordinate and manage change control in adherence to PMO standardsProactively identify and manage risks, issues, and dependencies and develop plans to escalate and mitigate themFacilitate project meetings including agendas, preparation of materials, meeting minutes, and action item follow-upUtilize enterprise project management tools and applications to provide project status and reporting, while adhering to PMO processes, documentation standards, and best practicesProvide project governance with clear and consistent communication of project level status with Enterprise Technologies leadership, project sponsors, and stakeholdersPartner with other PMO and Delivery teams to ensure successful delivery against business expectations and requirementsRepresent the PMO and advocate for project management standards and best practices
• 5+ years' experience leading complex media, technology or product launches identifying scope, building an effective plan, and executing to completion
• Strong knowledge of PMI Excellent organization and communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex concepts for a variety of audiences
• Foundational understanding of application, direct to consumer and infrastructure technologies
• Strong leadership skills with the proven ability to coordinate and influence team members from multiple internal departments and external vendors
• Proven ability to manage global teams with diverse backgrounds, business objectives, and time zones constraints
• Ability to effectively present ideas and communicate with senior leadership
• Strong character exhibiting company core values: Integrity, Creativity, Teamwork, Pioneering Spirit, and Ownership
• Ability and desire to continually learn about new technologies, project management methodologies, and adapt to ever-changing business and industry needs
• Adaptable performer who can lead effectively under pressure and through significant change
• Ability to synthesize and simplify complex concepts/requirements to the team and stakeholders and tie back to business objectives.
• Culture carrier with strong leadership skills to drive, deliver, develop and inspire
• Results-oriented with initiative to work until job is complete
• Experience within media entertainment industry
• Experience with digital product development
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.