Media Operations Associate
- Full Time
Atlas Obscura is looking for a reliable, enthusiastic, and intensely curious candidate to join our Brooklyn-based Brand Partnerships team. You should have an interest in ad operations, client services, digital media, branded content, sponsored events, and innovative, integrated marketing programs. You should also be excited by Atlas Obscura’s mission to inspire our audience with wonder and curiosity about the world.
What You’ll Do:
- Act as the primary liaison between the brand partnerships team and external ad operations vendors.
- Build media plans and manage campaign reporting.
- Assist the Head of Partnerships as account manager for large campaigns, communicating clearly with clients about everything from creative ideas to online ad specifications, performance metrics, and deliverable due dates.
- Be the daily point of contact for partners and provide stellar account management and client services so that they love working with us and are eager to renew.
- Build deep knowledge of Atlas Obscura’s brand and client offerings.
- Contribute to cross-team brainstorms.
- Develop strong relationships with client and agency partners and with colleagues across the company.
- You have familiarity with digital media and digital advertising, and you know your way around a media plan.
- You have a demonstrated aptitude for creative problem-solving and incredibly strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You are exceptional at task management and project management and have an eye for the little details that make a good presentation a great one.
- You excel at using and building systems and processes to help the workplace run more efficiently.
- You’re able to work collaboratively and flexibly within a small team.
- You have 2–4+ years of experience at a digital publisher, agency, or other related company.
- Experience in client services, brand strategy, sales, or account management is a plus, as is familiarity with digital media trends, the branded-content and experiential marketplaces, and emerging platforms.
Compensation is competitive and includes commissions and equity. Benefits for full-time employees include flexible time off, family leave, and contributions toward health, dental, and vision for both employee and family. We value diversity and are committed to an inclusive work environment and a fair and consistent interview process.
To apply, please email email@example.com with “Media Operations Associate” in the subject line, and include a resume, cover letter, and writing sample.