Senior Network Engineer
- Full Time
This position requires the expertise level in various disciplines within IT Networking. The candidate will provide support in all aspects of Network infrastructure consisting of LAN/WAN, HW & SW, routers, switches, firewalls, management systems, and monitoring systems. This individual will provide diagnoses, resolution, and documentation in all aspects of supporting, implementing and managing an enterprise network environment. Resolve hardware and software network problems in a timely and accurate manner. Make recommendations to enhance operations and availability.
- Ensures that the performance and availability of the network infrastructure is maintained to the highest standards in order that maximum productivity is achieved.
- Design, Configuration, Implementation, and Support of all network components.
- Provide troubleshooting and diagnostic services.
- Manage Load Balancers, Routers, Switches, and Firewalls
- Participation in Day-to-Day Operations of Hosting and Corporate environments
- Analysis of complex network problems and coordination of resolutions
- Conduct and assists in product evaluations and research, including beta testing and analysis of network tools, hardware and software.
- On-Call for after-hours and weekend support.
- Maintain complete detail technical documentation of the network environment.
- Minimum 5 years experience
- Expertise Level knowledge of LAN and WAN based technologies and protocols, including BGP, OSPF, Layer 2/3 Switching & Routing and proficient in TCP/IP
- Expertise Level Layer 1 through 7 troubleshooting ability
- Minimum 5 years Hands-on experience in the installation, operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of multi-user, multi-protocol networks
- Large enterprise experience with a significantly distributed infrastructure is important (i.e. branch offices etc.)
- Minimum 5 years Hands-on experience using Cisco Routers and Switches
- Minimum 5 years Hands-on experience With Firewall Technologies
- 3+ years with Palo Alto Firewalls
- Familiarity with network management tools such as Cisco Prime, CSM, Riverbed Profiler, Cacti, Cisco ISE & Panorama
- Experience with F5 LTM, GTM & IRULEs
- Expertise Level knowledge of Infrastructure Security and Policy
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems related field or Equivalent work experience.
- Experience working in a fast paced and dynamic Internet environment.
- Expertise Level knowledge in developing and implementing sound operational procedures
- Demonstrated ability to completely manage a project from thought to completion. Includes managing stake holder expectations and ensuring the project completes on time and on budget.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be willing to be "on-call" for after-hours support as needed.
- Cloud Technologies experience a plus