- Full Time
About the Firm
Risa Heller Communications is a leading communications and public affairs consultancy based in New York City. We are looking for an exceptional and driven communications professional to join our team as we work on the front lines of high-profile issues management—helping a broad range of corporate, crisis, and advocacy clients deliver their message to the right audiences at the right moments.
- Assist RHC client leads in creating and implementing strategic communications campaigns
- Research, draft and edit client-facing materials, including communications plans, press releases, fact-sheets, Op-Eds and memos
- Generate creative ideas to help clients break through the noise and secure earned media coverage in print, broadcast, and online publications
- Regularly monitor media coverage; developing coverage reports and analysis for clients in a timely fashion
- Work with multiple clients across various topic areas on deadlines
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with reporters and producers
- 2-5 years’ experience in political communications, corporate communications, public affairs or journalism with a desire to be part of an excellent team
- Sense of humor, a strong interest in current events, and an understanding of the NYC and national media
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with a proven ability to produce well-written and compelling documents on tight deadlines
- Highly organized, detail-oriented individual who can quickly analyze issues, execute several projects simultaneously, and think creatively and problem-solve to advance client priorities
- Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and to build strong relationships with coworkers and members of the media.
- Bachelor’s degree required
Please submit your cover letter and resume.
Apply for Associate/Senior Associate
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly