Video Associate, Action Fund
- Full Time
- Reports to: Director of Digital Creative
- Department: CAP Action War Room
- Position classification: Exempt, full time
American Progress has an immediate opening for a Video Associate to join its growing digital team. This person will support our in-house creative team with editing, animation, rapid-response video requests, and field shoots. The Video Associate will join a team with a mission to develop innovative and compelling video and graphic content that helps build the emotional and visual case for progressive policies, values, and candidates.
American Progress is looking for applicants who have the ability to envision and create compelling video content. Americans are more oversaturated with media than ever, and we’re looking for folks who can help create content that breaks through the clutter and grabs people’s attention—both in helping to tear down President Trump’s harmful policies and in building up the case for a progressive future.
The creative team this person will join works closely with the story bank team to identify compelling storytellers who lend themselves to strong creative products for distribution on a variety of platforms and contexts, including legislative fights and electoral races.
A strong candidate for this role is passionate about progressive politics with strong hands-on production and technical knowledge.
- Work with the rest of the creative team and broader CAP Action War Room to pitch, develop, and execute video projects that advance the organization’s strategic priorities.
- Use video to help translate complex ideas into digestible, shareable messages.
- Edit, animate, and subtitle rapid-response and storyteller videos.
- Manage livestreams and capture photos, interviews, and b-roll at events and on field shoots.
- Work closely with the broader digital and communications teams to ensure that content is tailored to the platforms and audiences they are trying to reach.
- Coordinate with the story bank team to help develop compelling creative products from personal stories.
- Maintain trackers and creative archive cataloguing final videos, raw footage, still images, and performance analytics.
- Stay up to date on the latest trends and best practices for video online.
Requirements and qualifications:
- One to three years of professional experience working in video.
- Expertise in filming, editing, and producing video content with an emphasis on storytelling.
- The ability to conceptually and creatively visualize news content.
- Experience with Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Excel.
- A solid understanding of progressive values and policies and how they intersect with the news.
- Strong writing and proofreading skills.
- Sound editorial and ethical judgment.
- Creative with a commitment to innovation and experimentation.
- Detail-oriented with an ability to juggle multiple projects for different stakeholders and meet tight deadlines.
- A positive team player with a passion for progressive change.
- Open to developing new skills as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
American Progress offers full and competitive benefit packages. Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by IFPTE Local 70.