Senior HR Communications and Events Specialist
- Full Time
Reporting directly to the assistant vice president for HR for talent services, the senior HR communications and events specialist (“specialist”) strategically plans, organizes, and manages the University's staff recognition program, including an annual luncheon for 700+ employees. Overseeing a budget, the specialist develops and executes innovative HR communications content for a diverse audience of current and prospective employees that aligns to office priorities and broader institutional objectives, including but not limited to diversity and inclusion, employer branding, employee engagement, benefits utilization, and professional development.
The specialist develops and disseminates strategic and visually appealing materials, including memos, emails, brochures, flyers, information guides, speeches, invitations, and other various print and online publications. The specialist collaborates closely on strategy and execution with the senior HR communications and multimedia specialist to develop and/or leverage various HR communications and the University's employer brand to drive attraction, engagement, and retention.
Understanding the work of Human Resources is critical for success in this position, and the individual performing this job should be interested in human resources management and be able to understand and incorporate the work of HR and its strategic goals into HR communications and events. The specialist must be to work independently while also being collaborative and effective with each HR function and various campus partners.
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent, preferably in communications or marketing
- At least 5 years of related experience
- Experience with event management, including developing and working from project plans, running effective meetings, and motivating and delegating tasks to team members
- Familiarity with managing to an established budget, leveraging available resources creatively and proactively, and identifying and complying with all appropriate regulations and University policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with utilizing videos and other multimedia for event management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to format and do content and copy editing and engaging graphic design and layout work to produce materials relatable to a diverse audience
- Strong internal customer services focus with ability to influence and build consensus and collaboration among varied constituencies
- Knowledge of publications production process
- Outstanding organizational, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills; ability to work in a fast paced environment with frequent interruptions and to set and meet deadlines
- Solid decision-making skills and outstanding judgment with high personal standards representative of Princeton University's commitment to excellence
- Ability to be proactive and work independently and with teams, prioritize and follow through on work assignments with minimal supervision,
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, think critically, solve problems, improve processes, and address or decide complex issues utilizing a clear, thoughtful approach to come to resolution quickly
- Able to handle sensitive confidential information
- Computer proficiency and ability to utilize technology wherever possible to efficiently manage the workload, including MS Office applications and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiarity with various multimedia and social media platforms and emerging technologies and website content management system
- Experience in higher education or similar institution
- Experience with managing and/or negotiating with internal and external vendors, including sourcing and contract negotiation
- Experience and knowledge of the human resources field
- Experience with event management and collaboration software
- Experience with employer or consumer brands
Review of resumes will begin immediately for this pressing need. Applicants are requested to submit a cover letter for full consideration.
Selected candidates will be asked to provide writing samples and a portfolio (or link).
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW