Producer, CNBC Digital Video
Location: Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
CNBC’s Digital Video team is looking for a talented and driven video producer to help spearhead the development of a new daily news franchise. The producer should be well-versed in the daily business news cycle and which stories are important to CNBC’s core audience. The producer should also be equally well-versed in digital video production, including scripting, shooting and editing his or her own digital video pieces.
The ideal candidates are self-sufficient producers who can turn around smart and clean scripts under tight deadlines. They must also be able to edit and publish a daily news wrap up show each day, working with on-camera talent and editors to ensure a smooth and high-quality news product. They should also be fluent with Adobe Premiere, Photoshop and After Effects.
Most importantly, they should be passionate about finding and telling the right stories in new and engaging ways. This producer will work with the Senior Producer on the News and Programming team to develop this new franchise.
• At least 5 years of experience with all aspects of digital video production, including shooting, editing, lighting, and scripting
• Mastery of DSLR cameras (Canon, Sony, Panasonic), Adobe Premiere, and other industry standard equipment and tools
• Script and/or voice-over writing experience
• Knowledge of multimedia storytelling and working knowledge of online publishing systems
• Highly collaborative and creative attitude
• Demonstrable organizational and time management skills and working well under deadline pressure
• Must be able to lift, carry and transport production equipment on a regular basis
• A sample of the candidate's work will be required *please provide links when applying*
• Strong interest in innovative video storytelling and strategic thinking around social media
• Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours and travel
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ-perks include free shuttle, free gym, dry cleaning/shoe shine services, full-service cafeteria, food trucks, and more!
• PLEASE NOTE: This is a short-term position, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
• Background in financial news is preferred
• Bachelor's Degree completed or comparable professional experience
• Interest in OTT and social media platforms is preferred
• Broad knowledge of current events, business, financial and technology news
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, and CNBC World, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to 410 million homes worldwide, including more than 90 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC Digital delivers more than 55 million U.S. multi-platform unique visitors each month. CNBC.com provides real-time financial market news and information to CNBC’s investor audience. CNBC Make It is a digital destination focused on making you smarter about how you earn, save and spend your money by zeroing in on careers, leadership, entrepreneurship and personal finance.
CNBC has a vast portfolio of digital products, offering CNBC content to a variety of platforms such as: CNBC.com; CNBC PRO, a premium service that provides in-depth access to Wall Street; a suite of CNBC mobile apps for iOS and Android devices; Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri voice interfaces; and streaming services including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Samsung Smart TVs.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.