The Audio Specialist is responsible for providing technical and general supervision of all staff in the audio group and will serve as a front-line responder to any and all issues that arise in the various audio control rooms. The Audio Specialist will coordinate and lead projects, which includes meeting with internal and external clients to gather requirements. As needed, the Audio Specialist will perform duties as an A-1, responsible for proficiently mixing very high-quality audio (5.1 surround sound) for live or live to tape Entertainment, Talk, Sports, News Magazine, Network News, Digital Internet and remote television programming.
Partner with various departments to lead audio projects.Partner with Manager, Audio Operations to establish and implement best practices and SOPs for Audio Operators.sProvide immediate solutions in the event of equipment failure or other audio problems.Consistently achieve client satisfaction by ensuring that creative goals are met.Mentor and train new Audio Operators (A1) & Audio Assistants (A2) Setup, check and ensure all microphones, audio and media playback are adjusted for proper VU levels with correct enhanced equalization techniques.Maintain acceptable short form Target Loudness levels (-24 LKFS)Setup IFB mix minus and Telos Systems for live shots and telephone call-insExecute signal processing with Waves Soundgrid systems and external Digital Effects ProcessorCreate and program partial saves for RTS panels using AZ Edit communication software
Coordinate all RF/Wireless equipment (i.e. microphones, IFB and PL) as well as all studio foldback, PA & Live Sound Performance with the studio Audio Assistant (A2)Front of House (FOH) & monitor mixes for live soundPro Tools Operator that will provide audio editing and mixing servicesPerform additional audio duties such as remote production audio ENG
• Bachelor’s degree in Audio Engineering, Communications, Television Production or related field. In lieu of Bachelor’s degree, equivalent combination of education and/or experience required.
• Minimum 8-10yrs of audio experience in a live television environment including news, talk, entertainment and sports programming or live audio applications.
• Proficient in Dante I/O interface systems
• Strong knowledge and understanding of broadcast and production technology
• Recording studio, live and recorded remote production experience
• Operational knowledge of Digital and Analog broadcast audio consoles (preferably LAWO) and peripheral equipment including network broadcast A/V digital routers
• Proficient in Avid iNEWS software or similar NRCS (ENPS, Dalet, Inception, etc.)
• Scheduling of staff when Manager, Audio Operations is unavailable.
• Must be available to work all shifts, including early mornings, evenings, holidays, weekends and/or late breaking news.
• Must be willing to facilitate personnel requirements including late and/or last-minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment.
• Must be willing to travel as needed, sometimes on short notice.
• Ability to multi-task and react quickly during daily broadcasts.
• Understanding and ability to work in conjunction with automated control rooms.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is a world-class media company leading the industry in the production and distribution of high-quality, Spanish-language content to U.S. Hispanics and audiences around the world. This fast-growing multiplatform portfolio is comprised of the Telemundo Network and Station Group, Telemundo Deportes, Telemundo Global Studios, Universo, and a Digital Enterprises & Emerging Business unit. Telemundo Network features original Spanish-language entertainment, news and sports content reaching 94% of U.S. Hispanic TV households in 210 markets through 30 local stations, 51 affiliates and its national feed. Telemundo also owns WKAQ, a television station that serves viewers in Puerto Rico. Telemundo Deportes is the designated Spanish-language home of two of the world’s most popular sporting events: FIFA World Cup™ through 2026 and the Summer Olympic Games through 2032. Telemundo Global Studios is the company’s domestic and international scripted production unit including Telemundo Studios, Telemundo International Studios, Telemundo International, as well as all of the company’s co-production partnerships. As the #1 media company reaching Hispanics and millennials online, the Digital Enterprises & Emerging Business unit distributes original content across multiple platforms, maximizing its exclusive partnerships with properties such as BuzzFeed, Vox and Snapchat. Through Telemundo Internacional, the largest U.S.-based distributor of Spanish-language content in the world and Universo, the fastest growing Hispanic entertainment cable network, the company reflects the diverse lifestyle, cultural experience and language of its expanding audience. NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is a division of NBCUniversal, a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.