VP Creative, E! Brand Live Events
Location: Universal City, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The Brand Live Events team is responsible for building and growing E!’s live franchises (Live from the Red Carpet, the People’s Choice Awards) across TV, digital and social platforms as well as conceiving and developing future live event programming.
The VP Creative is responsible for creative strategy, vision and oversight of live event television productions, digital video and related editorial and social content across all E! platforms. This executive will collaborate with internal and external partners to foster innovation and evolution of E!’s live programming including (not limited to): Live from the Red Carpet (Golden Globes, Grammys, Oscars, Emmys, Met Gala) and the People’s Choice Awards, ensuring all creative content delivers on E!’s position as the leading voice in celebrating pop culture.
- Own and guide creative vision and 360 content plan from development though execution, with focus on generating and developing ideas and defining a consistent brand voice, tone and visual identity for all live event programming
- Brief production teams and lead ideation for short and long-form linear program concepts, digital video, live-streams and social content initiatives
- Work closely with producers on all show elements, host and panel casting, guest talent and fan integration, including on-site support as needed
- Liase with internal departments and stakeholders -Programming, Production Management, Talent, E! News, Digital/Social, Ad Sales, Marketing, PR
- Maintain updated knowledge of and access to casting and content libraries
- Provide constructive feedback and notes on packages, scripts, sets, wardrobe, music, and graphics
- Oversee and manage project timelines and maximize effectiveness of network resources
- Build and share presentations of creative concepts and ideas in all phases of development and production
- Develop organically creative TV/digital/social advertiser integrations
- Monitor and keep teams informed of competitive and new or emerging live event programming
- 10+ years professional experience in creative content development, programming, live television and/or streaming broadcasts
- Interested candidates must submit a resume through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #49919BR)
- Willingness to work in Universal City, CA
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven leader with track record working with consumer centric brands where ideation, content creation and immersive digital experiences are integral
- Creative and strategic thinker, innovator and risk taker. Resourceful problem solver.
- Deep knowledge of and connection to celebrity culture, movies, television, music and fashion
- Demonstrated understanding of the dynamic nature of live audiences and how best to engage with them across multiple platforms
- Experience working with producers, talent management, publicity and booking
- Experience in digital and social content creation
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to both set strategic vision and manage tactical execution
- Outstanding written and verbal communications – a clear and concise communicator and confident presenter
- Highly collaborative with desire and ability to influence outcomes at all levels of the organization
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced, ever-changing media landscape
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBC Universal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies. We develop, produce and market entertainment, news and information to a global market. NBC Universal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
About E! Entertainment
E! is the only global, multi-platform brand for all things pop culture. The network is currently available to 91 million cable and satellite subscribers in the U.S and 161 countries globally. E! programming includes popular series "Keeping Up with the Kardashians," “Very Cavallari,” “Revenge Body with Khloé Kardashian,” "Total Divas," “Total Bellas,” "Botched,” “Dating #NoFilter” and "Hollywood Medium with Tyler Henry;” topical series “Nightly Pop” and “Ladygang;” and new series “Flip It Like Disick” and “Relatively Nat & Liv.” “E! News” airs nightly on the network and is the leading multi-platform publisher delivering breaking entertainment news and pop culture coverage 24/7 across EOnline.com and all digital and social media. The brand’s robust digital programming slate includes “E! News’ The Rundown,” “Face Forward” and “What The Fashion" on Snapchat. E!’s "Live from the Red Carpet" signature events keep fans connected to their favorite stars on pop culture's biggest nights and E! is also home to the “E! People’s Choice Awards,” the only award show for the people, by the people. E! is a network of NBCUniversal Entertainment & Lifestyle Group, a division of NBCUniversal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience. For more corporate information, visitwww.nbcuniversal.com.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.