Publicist, Vintage Anchor
Penguin Random House has a wonderful opportunity for a Publicist to join Vintage/Anchor Books, imprints of Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group. Vintage/Anchor Books are the trade paperback imprints of the Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group. Vintage/Anchor is known as an industry-leading paperback publisher, with a roster of authors that includes Stieg Larsson, Dan Brown, Margaret Atwood, Cheryl Strayed, Alice Munro, Richard Russo, Jon Krakauer, Jhumpa Lahiri, Paulo Coelho, Toni Morrison, Cormac McCarthy, Haruki Murakami, Jo Nesbo, and Dave Eggers, among others.
As Publicist, reporting to the VP Executive Director, Publicity, you will work independently to execute publicity campaigns and multi-city author tours while developing and maintaining relationships with the media. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, busy team, and work closely with a wide range of very well-known and celebrated authors, from across the whole division. In addition to working on front-list paperback titles and paperback originals, you will also seek out opportunities from our expansive back-list library.
* Executing all aspects of publicity campaigns for assigned titles including creating press materials, managing author tours, securing national and local media, overseeing travel arrangements, and producing events.
* Discovering new media outlets to build on media contacts including traditional and digital media.
* Developing and strengthening relationships with media, booksellers, and marketplace/industry contacts.
* Working closely with authors on all aspects of publicity, including briefing authors for interviews and accompanying authors to publicity engagements.
* Presenting Vintage/Anchor lists to broadcast, print, online media outlets, booksellers, and lecture venues.
* Collaborating with key in-house departments, including Marketing, Sales, Editorial, and Subsidiary Rights.
* Creating public awareness of the imprint.
* Implementing backlist publicity initiatives for major anniversaries and pitching backlist titles with relevant news hooks.
* Minimum of 2 years book publishing publicity experience.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
* Ability to work well independently as well as collaboratively.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Strong knowledge of national and regional media (electronic and print)
* Knowledge of the media, marketplace and competition.
* Understanding of social media as a marketing tool.
* Proficient using of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook).
* Knowledge of Cision, Muckrack, and Publishers Work Bench is desirable.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.