Social Media Manager
- Full Time
People come to WRAL-TV & FOX 50 and they stay. Why? We’re family. We have extraordinary expectations of each other and accept nothing short of excellence. Meshing with our standout team is as important as your skills. We’re locally owned by Capitol Broadcasting Company, a pioneering, stable, community advocate, do-the-right-thing company that offers some of the best benefits in the business. We are based in Raleigh, NC, consistently named one of the best places to live in America.
WRAL-TV and FOX 50, part of the broadcast arm of Capitol Broadcasting Company (CBC) in Raleigh, NC has an immediate opening for a dynamic, passionate and experienced Social Media Manager.
We are looking for a highly motivated social expert who will lead the charge in engaging our audiences with our award-winning broadcast and digital content, who will help coach and support our talent teams on multiple platforms and who uses data and industry learning to create and execute strategy for our social platforms. The successful candidate will work across a variety of departments: news and editorial, digital, marketing and sales to seamlessly integrate content, audience metrics and storytelling in an industry leading way.
We expect our Social Media Manager to contribute to more than social media posts. We want you to help create and curate engaging content that connects with our audience in a personalized and impactful way. You will be expected to meet social KPI’s and help support digital and television goals. Must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities. The ability to work non-traditional hours and collaborate across divisions is key. Must work closely with leadership teams to help maintain a consistent brand voice across social platforms.
The Social Media Manager will monitor and engage with our brands across all social platforms. You will have a team of digital experts to collaborate and work with, but will ultimately be responsible for developing social strategies that propel our content and teams forward. We are market news leaders and expect to maintain our leadership presence in the social space. You’ll also help produce social marketing campaigns across multiple platforms and contribute to our station community efforts. If you love storytelling through social, push yourself to the highest industry standards AND want to work with the best local television and digital teams in the country, we want to hear from you.
Your resume should include links to work and/or demonstration reel and showcase the following:
- Deep understanding of local news, editorial content standards and storytelling
- Deep understanding of brand voice and social marketing
- Superior writing skills, specifically for social by platform
- Demonstrated success in driving digital referrals through social posts or campaigns
- Demonstrated success of creating social posts or campaigns with exceptional share metrics, including interactions.
- Proven execution of brand toolkits and guidelines.
- Understanding of television programming, including network and syndicator relationships.
- Hands on experience in “start-to-finish” social strategy, including: establishing campaign goals, tracking success and execution/reporting.
- Ability to work on many projects simultaneously and under deadline.
- Local television experience a plus. Proven track record of working collaboratively across departments should be clearly explained in materials.
- Minimum of 5 years active social media producing and/or managing
- Clear record of success in either a television, digital, marketing or media environment
- Current and contemporary knowledge social ad sets and social advertising tools
- Firsthand, working knowledge of social reporting tools and metrics
- Experience with creating and implementing interactive digital and social media campaigns.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to lift/carry equipment weighing up to 40 pounds and a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays when required.
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.