Architecture and Design PR Account Associate
Midtown NY-based boutique public relations firm is seeking a full-time experienced Account Associate to work alongside the senior staff on an exciting roster of architecture and design clients.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years of PR experience working on accounts relevant to visual culture and have a strong grasp of architecture and design. S/he will be responsible for helping manage and execute all aspects of a PR program. S/he will be a savvy digital native, fluent in social media and with a strong understanding of online media outlets.
- Minimum three years of experience in either:
- PR agencies
- Editorial work for architecture or design publications
- Excellent organizational skills
- A genuine interest in and enthusiasm for architecture and design
- Ability to take direction and work in a collaborative environment
- Exceptional writing and presentation skills, attention to detail, and grace under pressure essential
- Strong media contacts a plus
- Write, distribute and pitch press releases and media alerts to media
- Develop targeted pitch letters tailored to different outlets and writers
- Research and generate customized, targeted media lists for each client
- Secure and track placements and create reports
- Participation and detailed note-taking in client and new business meetings
- Write proposals for new business
- Research and organize client opportunities such as speaking engagements, participation in fairs, book signings, etc.
- Copy edit a variety of materials with precision
- Professional correspondence with clients and potential clients
- Strategy and content creation for in-house and client social media outlets
- Cultivate relationships with the press, bloggers, influencers, etc.
- Provide support for senior staff
- Potentially manage accounts and client communication
This job is an excellent opportunity for someone who is interested in a long-term career in public relations. We are eager to work with someone who will want to grow in the position, take on additional responsibilities, and advance within the firm.
Please include a cover letter, resume, and 2-3 writing samples. Salary commensurate with experience.