General Sales Manager
- Full Time
Cox Media Group Tampa is searching for a highly talented General Sales Manager with a proven track record of recruiting and developing sales talent and achieving revenue success. A proven leader who gets true satisfaction from coaching people to achieve their full potential and recruiting and developing A+ sales talent.
Do you tailor your management approach to each individual on your staff? Do you have a track record of working collaboratively with your peers? Do you have a solid track record of developing integrated marketing strategies for customers? Are you genuinely interested in making a difference in the lives of your team and customers?
If so, your best career move may be with us! Cox Media Group Tampa offers an environment focused on excellence and an opportunity to join a company with a strong sense of customer mission and sales talent focus. Excellent compensation, great benefits, all the necessary tools to get the job done and the best on-going sales training in America is our pledge to you.
- Work in partnership with the Director of Sales and the Tampa Sales Management Team to lead the CMG Tampa Sales Team to exceed revenue goals through the development and supervision of the CMG Tampa Sales Team. (WDUV, WHPT, WPOI, WSUN, WWRM, WXGL)
- Drive results through a focused revenue strategy that maximizes CMG Radio and Digital media assets.
- Oversee management of inventory and station assets to drive profitability.
- Accompany team members on in the field sales calls and coaching opportunities.
- Creation of marketing materials and sales pieces as a station brand manager.
- Recruit, train and develop highly talented sales professionals and serve our customers.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience
and proven track record in the media sales environment.
- A minimum of 3 years in media sales
management is preferred.
- Strong track record of building
- Excellent communication and
- College degree is also preferred.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.