New Growth Innovation Manager
- Full Time
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, and we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. At Cox, we are committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection, not only with our products and services, but also with our career opportunities. Come connect with us, and let’s build a better future together.
At Cox, we connect people to the things they love. Now we'd like to connect with you. Cox Communications is looking for sharp talent to join our team and be the voice of our brand.
The New Growth & Development group, sits within the corporate strategy division of Cox Communications, and is responsible for incubating and commercializing new sources of growth for the company while building leading edge competencies, approaches, and processes to make that a recurring capability.
The group members work towards identifying new growth opportunities commensurate with corporate growth strategies, and to help build revenue generating entities for Cox Communications.
The New Growth & Development group is now hiring a New Growth Innovation Manager. This position is responsible for corporate level strategy, development, and implementation, which includes the strategic planning, portfolio management, and project management.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• Provide leadership in facilitating and developing Cox's strategic plan and product management process.
• Participates in identifying, evaluating, and negotiating partnerships, alliances, joint ventures, and start-ups in support of Cox's portfolio of products, services and intellectual property.
• Manages the assessment and valuation of new business opportunities and potential threats to sustainability of current business plans.
• Works with industry peers, partners, suppliers, and key organizations, etc. to understand, influence, and communicate trends and requirements in our products and services.
• Discover, investigate, and assist in developing emerging technologies and services for fit and value creation within the Cox portfolio.
• Represent Cox as an innovation advocate on specific issues to promote and implement Cox's positions and associated initiatives.
• Drive evaluation, consensus-building, decision-making and implementation of Cox's strategies on, emerging technologies, platform and convergence decisions, intellectual property, special projects, and initiatives.
• Work closely with a cross-functional team including the field, finance, legal, engineering, marketing, operations, IT, and others to develop a consensus around and support for the strategy and associated project initiatives.
• 7 or more years of experience required in related field
• 5 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree (e.g. MBA)
• Strong skills in the Microsoft Office Suite particularly Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; as well as Project Management tools and software.
• Demonstrates a sales disposition, strong customer focus and ethics, and is an avid inquisitive learner
• Communiates effectively with Executives, internal and external partners, vendors and entities
• An excellent collaborator who works effectively with teams throughout the organization as well as with external industry partners, vendors, and business entities
• BS/BA degree in related discipline desired (e.g. Business Administration or Legal.)
• MA/MBA in related discipline strongly desired
• 2 or more years of experience in a management role or leading cross functional projects
At Cox Communications, our employees are our most important resource. To demonstrate the value we place in our employees, we offer:
• Generous benefits to include healthcare day one, paid time off and 401(k) matching
• Career development programs and ongoing training, including tuition reimbursement
• Future career growth and promotional opportunities
• Mentoring and training programs
• Commitment to our communities through employee volunteer opportunities
About Cox Communications
• Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising. Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
• Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.