DK was founded in London in 1974 and is now the world leading illustrated reference publisher and a member of the Penguin Random House division of Bertelsmann. DK publishes highly visual, photographic non-fiction for adults and children. DK produces content for consumers in over 100 countries and over 60 languages, with offices in the UK, India, US, Germany, China, Canada, Spain and Australia.
DK is currently seeking a National Account Manager to join the DK US sales team. This position is responsible for selling and positioning DK titles to Barnes & Noble and BAM.
* Maximize DK sales and market share at account base
* Responsible for selling on a monthly/seasonal basis and conduct seasonal previews
* Create and maintain a monthly forecast for each account and communicate in a constructive manner the opportunities and challenges
* Create and analyze sales reports, monitor market conditions and competitor activity
* Work across departments (editorial, marketing and publicity and inventory) to maximize each titles potential within the marketplace
* Actively participate in all publisher meetings, specifically with regard to account updates and customer needs
* Maintain regular communication regarding account information to retailers, publishers, and management
* Travel as necessary to sales appointments and conferences (up to 10% of year)
* 5+ years of experience in adult or children’s publishing, prior account management experience preferred.
* Proven ability to create retail promotions and develop other strategies to increase sales.
* Proven relationship-building skills internally and externally
* Ability to budget/forecast accurately.
* Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
* Must be results driven, and take appropriate steps to achieve strategic goals set forth by manager.
* Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively while also ensuring accuracy of work through attention to detail.DK is the world’s leading illustrated reference publisher and part of Penguin Random House. DK publishes highly visual, photographic non-fiction for adults and children; our aim is to inform, enrich and entertain readers of all ages. DK acts as the parent company for Alpha Books, publisher of the Idiot's Guides series, Prima Games, video gaming publishers, as well as the award-winning travel publisher, Rough Guides.