- Full Time
W.W. Norton & Company is seeking a Contracts Assistant for its Contracts department. This employee will work closely with the Contracts Director, Contracts Manager, Contracts Associate and other departments.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Draft and track contract amendments
- Research, draft, and track cancellation letters
- Research, draft, and otherwise respond to reversion requests
- Review files and research queries, as needed
- Field inquiries from other departments such as Editorial and Subsidiary Rights
- Prepare check requests for contractual payments
- Assist with the department's on-going file scanning project
- Assist the Contracts Director and Contracts Manager, as needed
Please note: this job description is not designed to cover all required activities.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Employment eligibility to work with W.W. Norton & Company in the U.S.
- Must be able to work regular business hours from Norton's NYC office
- Strong writing skills required
- 1-2 years of book publishing experience preferred
- Excellent time management skills and ability to effectively and efficiently prioritize
- Ability to work independently
- Close attention to detail and excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must posses very strong computer skills, particularly in MS Office