College Business Manager
- Full Time
The College Department at W.W. Norton seeks a proactive, detail-oriented Business Manager to join the team. This position reports to the Director of College Analysis and Finance and manages both the day-to-day and big-picture business and operations needs of the group. The ideal candidate has strong analytical and quantitative skills, communicates well verbally and over email, likes to solve problems, and thrives in a fast-paced, evolving environment collaborating with a wide range of people. The College Business Manager presents financial analysis directly to Norton’s top leadership.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Provide sales analysis by book family, school and channel
- Offer financial analysis to inform publishing decisions.
- Help manage department-wide operations needs like working with distribution partners and implementing new business arrangements
- Oversee, execute and assess bonus program for 75 sales representatives
- Learn, understand and identify College Department’s business, reporting and analysis needs and work to address those needs
- Work with IT department and other teams to strengthen business and information systems and workflows
- Oversee inventory management for lifecycle of textbook editions, from initial print decisions to inventory write-downs and destructions
- Manage a business associate
- Aid in royalty analysis and calculations
- Assist in creating semi-annual sales forecasts and analyze variances
- 5+ years of comparable experience, publishing experience a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Employment eligibility to work for W.W. Norton & Company in the US is required
- Ability to work regular business hours in our New York City office