NBCUniversal, the global media company that brought you some of the world’s most iconic television and film franchises, including: The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, The Real Housewives, Mr. Robot, The Voice, This Is Us, The Fast & The Furious, Jurassic Park, Minions, and more - is launching an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming service. It will seamlessly bring together the breadth and depth of NBCU’s broadcast and cable television series, movie titles, premier sporting events, and renowned news reporting... all in one destination… all in one app.
We are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be
a part of this exciting initiative. What We Are Looking For?
A seasoned world class brand strategist, who will be responsible for managing the overarching DTC communications strategy—from brand to IP to audience. He/she will engage with the full spectrum of customer/category/cultural insights to develop an overarching messaging strategy (annual) as well as IP/Stunt Messaging that aligns with our programming cadence and acquisition strategy. Candidate will produce the quarterly marketing performance review and will work in lock-step with brand colleagues and the Head of Insights to monitor brand health, on-going consumer studies and category trends.
Lead the Strategic Marketing Communications for the DTC.
Collaborating with key stakeholders across the business, determine the annual marketing objectives and targets/KPIs for our productDevelop a comprehensive communications strategy for the year which determines audience, messages, and targets based on previous evaluation/learnings as well as future insight and business/market context
Proactively lead re-evaluation of the plans throughout the year, making recommendations on revisions or potential challenges and identify key opportunities to help drive the products success
Translate Insights into Marketing Strategies
Direct the insight agenda for the Marketing Group/Creative Team by collaborating with key stakeholders and the Head of Insights.Drive the team’s peripheral vision by helping develop a long-term insight roadmap (1-3 years out) to map what we need to know and whenAct as the single point of contact for the marketing group that unifies and distils all the research, data and insights into marketing strategies and narratives to drive acquisition and retention. Drive campaign learnings through the team to build increasingly effective campaign/planning strategies
Own the Top-Level Brand Strategy:
Define the architecture of our master brand, audience cohorts and IP launches. Build and maintain the brand framework model which outlines our vision, purpose and proposition, working closely with internal stakeholders.
Build Great Scalable Process that Delivers Better Results:
Define, build and drive a strategic planning process that sets the business up for success, taking into account stakeholder involvement, planning cycles, collaboration, production development and market context
Be a Great Leader & Collaborator
Lead a Marketing Strategy & Performance Director to create a happy, high performing individual who is empowered and inspiredBe the person colleagues and peers seek out to partner and do great work.
• 15+ years of brand planning/marketing strategy experience (TV/DTC) from the entertainment industry, advertising agency or consumer products company with demonstrated ability to develop and drive strategic marketing plans for large, complex organizations.
• Big picture strategic thinker who has the ability to analyse/ interpret data and translate research into actionable results through effective storytelling and presentations.
• Thorough understanding of the complexities of an entertainment/DTC organization and how the disparate parts make up the whole and their interdependencies.
• Demonstrated excellent executive-level presentation skills, leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated excellent creative/business writing skills.
• Demonstrated track record of success in managing high profile brands and marketing campaigns to include the full spectrum of deliverables from strategic positioning to driving engagement.
• Previous experience in a senior marketing leadership position with a media company, ad agency and/or with a leading direct-to-consumer brand. Background in all industries highly preferred.
• Proven experience managing cross-functional teams to come up with ideas far better than anyone could ever do alone and to foster a shared sense of ownership and success.
• Extensive knowledge of and experience in marketing and advertising.
• Expertise and significant experience with Excel, PowerPoint, and Keynote.
• Ability to collaborate with and influence senior executives.
• Innovative thought leader and idea generator. Demonstrates strategic insights and vision across all lines of business.
• Must be creative and analytical at the same time.
• Ability to sell ideas up, down and across an organization.
• Ability to create a fun, inspirational environment and mentoring individuals to help them grow.
• A collaborator, able to bring together cross-functional groups to a single purpose.
• Must be hands on and know what is going on at the front line of the business.
• Have fantastic project manager talents to stay organized and execute numerous projects simultaneously. Excellent time management is a must.
• Ability to travel as needed.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.