The part-time Digital Media Producer plays a major role in the day-to-day execution of NBC 7 San Diego’s digital news strategy, working with other local digital staff to ensure the offering is consistently up-to-the-minute, differentiated, impactful and relevant to a new generation of local users. The role combines acute attention to detail, rapid response, editorial judgment and flair, and consistent day-to-day execution and project-management responsibilities within a 24/7 newsgathering operation. Job Duties
- Write text articles, create and publish video clips and edit image galleries according to the local editorial “voice”
- Program key related index pages for editorial impact, audience appeal and timeliness
- Gather and package relevant content around key stories from a range of external sources and feeds and content types
- Execute all publishing workflows for video, images and text including publishing to social media platforms.
- Enforce editorial style guides, standards and practices
- Participate in efforts to hit aggressive daily benchmarks for the volume and frequency of local content publication
Additional Job Requirements
- At least 3 years experience working in print, online or television news in a medium to large sized market
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism or related field or equivalent experience
- Excellent news instincts with the ability to react decisively to breaking news; combined with the ability to write succinctly and with flair
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and stories simultaneously in a fast paced environment
- Ability to react to breaking news, updating the news as stories evolve and writing intros and leads to video online content
- Ability to work in a team and across all departments and locations, ensuring digital formats that are 100% accurate without typos or errors
- Flexible, with a willingness to undertake shift work associated with working for a 24/7 news operation.
- Experience working with social media, marketing products using social networking sites or creating content that lives on such sites
- Experience of working in content management systems required
- Demonstrated knowledge of AP Style writing and guidelines
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in San Diego
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Willingness to work overtime, and on weekends with short notice (if applicable)
- Must be “on call” 24 hours a day / 7 days a week (if applicable)
- Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume (if applicable)
- Knowledge of San Diego city and regions
- Proficient in Social Media platforms, such as Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop Elements and Edius
- Ability to use data visualization as storytelling tool a plus
- Experience with INews, Clickability, Social Flow, and Stratus systems a plus
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.