Social Media Marketing Specialist
- Full Time
The purpose of this job is to serve our members, customers and co-workers.
The Social Media Marketing Specialist is responsible for planning, executing, monitoring, and improving the social media activities of ACHE.
- Social Media Strategy and Tactics 40% of Time
- Work with the marketing team to develop and follow a social media strategy that supports ACHE’s marketing and public information goals.
- Keep abreast of changing media trends and preferences, and adjust social media tactics as needed.
- Serve as the expert in social media campaign design and assist campaign owners in planning effective use of social media.
- Provide advice on linking with social media to generate clickthroughs, and other ways to leverage social media integration points.
- Test new delivery strategies and tactics.
- Campaign Execution 40% of Time
- Build a following and deploy educational and marketing messages through a variety of social media platforms, such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube.
- Develop and maintain appropriate personas. Share and curate content. Moderate platforms.
- Independently distill and post information about trending topics in a style that is consistent with ACHE’s identity.
- Work with campaign owners and content specialists to build social media plans, develop content and distribute via the most appropriate social media channels.
- Use one or more social media management tools to create/post content, schedule shares, engage with followers, repurpose content, share others’ content, manage communities, etc.
- Build schedules and ensure timely execution of social media campaigns.
- Perform quality assurance of all campaigns.
- Metrics 10% of Time
- Review key engagement and revenue metrics. Use this information to optimize future campaigns.
- Analyze and report on campaign performance, including insights and recommendations for improving results.
- Support the creation of automated reports for stakeholders with an emphasis on ROI attribution, and actionable metrics.
- Process Management 10% of Time
- Develop documentation and roadmaps for processes, A/B tests, and promotions that succeed through social media.
- Design, implement, and analyze testing strategies for improving social media results.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Marketing or a related field.
- Two to three years of social media marketing experience required. Agency experience preferred.
- Intuitive understanding of proper tone and of what is of interest and appropriate.
- Technical skills in social media platforms and tools.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Demonstrated success in managing social media accounts.
- Be up to date on the latest trends in social media marketing and continuously strive to be the subject matter expert on social media marketing best practices.
- Understand social media integration points with other digital platforms and be able to leverage these.
- Collaborative, able to work in a team to produce outstanding results.
- Excellent integration skills, able to envision steps in a team process and flawlessly execute in coordination with others.
- Ability to build a vision for messaging and communicate that vision to team members and stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Marketing campaign skills (technically proficient)
- Innovative and creative thinking (fresh, imaginative thinking)
- Organized and attention-to-detail approach (executes with excellence)
- Experience with social media metrics measurement. Ability to analyze campaigns, report on performance, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Experience with social media automation and social media marketing.
- Familiarity with best practices for electronic media and multichannel marketing.
- Previous experience managing timelines.
- Must possess sound judgment, discretion and a high degree of professionalism.
- Must have regular and predictable attendance.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. In addition, percentages allocated to job functions are subject to change at the supervisor’s discretion. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor; subject to reasonable accommodations.