Senior Public Relations Specialist Marketing/Communications
- Full Time
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Senior Public Relations Specialist Marketing/Communications (Specialist) for Rutgers New Brunswick Campus. This position is a multimedia storyteller and “storyseller” who uses communications skills to find, write, pitch and track content that enhances the reputation of Rutgers University and its dynamic academic health center, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS). The Specialist covers a broad range of topics, including clinical and basic science research and other human health issues. This position leverages a range of evolving platforms, including the news media, social media, the University’s news site and marketing initiatives.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
• Writes concisely and clearly, thinks strategically and generates creative ideas on how to best present content in text, photos, video, audio and graphics.
• Works collaboratively with communications colleagues, clinicians, researchers, staffers, administrators and students; and cultivates relationships with journalists in New Jersey, regionally, nationally and internationally.
• Manages writing and pitching news releases, expert advisories, news stories and other content.
• Responds to media queries; using analytics to track outcomes; providing media counsel and training; writing, editing and placing op-eds; crisis communications; strategy development; daily operations.
• Serves as a university spokesperson and media liaison at events.
• Exercises good judgment in interactions with people on and off campus and when handling complex and sensitive issues in high-pressure situations.
• Provides direction, coordination and support for communications and public relations efforts across campus as part of an integrated communications strategy.
• Utilizes content management systems and is familiar with social media, photography and videography.