Brick Underground, the most popular and trusted digital media outlet for New Yorkers navigating the city's complicated real estate landscape, is looking for an editorial assistant. The ideal candidate has some journalism and digital media experience, and a strong interest in supporting our mission to create smart, useful stories for NYC renters, buyers, sellers, and owners.
The editorial assistant will contribute administrative and technical support in addition to building his or own beat covering New York City real estate news.
Only candidates that follow instructions below for applying will receive consideration.
- Post to social media daily
- Build articles in our content management system daily
- Write original stories weekly
- Create newsletters weekly
Please note: The position can be a full- or part-time.
- Some writing and editing experience at a news or service publication or website and a dedication to using best journalistic practices.
- Service journalism experience a plus. Interest in service journalism a MUST!
- Experience or willingness to master an online content management system.
- Organized, resourceful, and energetic team player willing to pitch in wherever needed.
- Strong interest in and basic knowledge of NYC real estate a MUST.
- Social media experience a plus.
When applying please include:
- A brief cover letter indicating why Brick Underground is a good fit for you (not the other way around). In other words, show us that you understand what Brick Underground does and why our site appeals to you.
- Links to relevant work samples, including writing, editing, social media campaigns, and/or video
- Please indicate your interest in and availability for a full- or part-time position.
This position reports directly to the managing editor and the founder/CEO. Potential for rapid advancement for the right person.
About our company:
Brick Underground is New York City's most popular and trusted source of real estate advice. Our award-winning website speaks directly to nearly 5 million unique visitors each year (buyers, sellers, renters, and owners) seeking solutions to their NYC real estate needs in one of the most complex and expensive real estate markets in the world. Our small, friendly team is passionate about engaging our readers with practical information that they can use and trust.
Apply for Editorial assistant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly