- Full Time
FOR WORLD-RENOWNED MUSEUM
The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is seeking a Manager, Interactive. Reporting to the Associate Director, Interactive Technology and App, the Manager is responsible for supplemental content creation and the day-to-day production of the in-museum audio guide app. This individual will contribute to the content planning for exhibitions and other app content, and is responsible for complex and time-sensitive content deployments, including procuring assets from content providers. As a member of the cross-disciplinary Interactive Department, the Manager will also contribute broadly to current and future digital initiatives that further the museum’s goals.
Founded in 1937, the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is dedicated to promoting the understanding and appreciation of art, architecture, and other manifestations of visual culture, primarily of the modern and contemporary periods. The Guggenheim realizes this mission through exceptional exhibitions, education programs, research initiatives, and publications. The Guggenheim strives to engage and educate an increasingly diverse international audience through its unique network of museums and partnerships. With nearly three million annual visitors worldwide, the Guggenheim and its network is one of the most visited cultural institutions in the world.
- Liaise with curators, educators, editors, production staff, and digital media producers to communicate project needs effectively and ensure that content deliverables including text, images, audio files, videos, slideshows, meet schedule and quality requirements.
- Work with Associate Director, Digital Media on content strategy and production, with an emphasis on repurposing assets already created by education and curatorial departments.
- Enter content into app CMS and support production of app projects. Archive past content and maintain file naming conventions and archive structure to optimize integrity and accessibility of legacy data.
- Responsible for supporting the development and maintenance of content production schedules and overseeing all content and technical deployments. Ensure new releases are managed effectively by interfacing with IT, Visitor Experience, and other museum staff and external vendors.
- Assist in developing, shaping, and defining the experience of the museum visitor, both physical and virtual, for the app. Communicate with on-site staff including Gallery Guides, Security Officers, and vendors to identify app-based visitor experience issues as they arise.
- Perform Quality Assurance (QA) on content and technical development work, including new features, upgrades to existing features, and bug fixes. Maintain up-to-date device fleet for QA purposes, representing range of popular and current technologies.
- Create and/or collaborate on analytics reports using multiple platforms and vendor data. Participate in and/or design user testing. Analyze data and testing results for content and design insights. Communicate findings to museum stakeholders.
- Work with the Interactive staff to create, maintain, and improve departmental workflows, policies, procedures, and documentation. Cross-train staff on the use of the CMS as needed.
- Along with the Interactive team, serve as in-house expert on best practices and innovative trends for Museums, mobile technology, and spatial media.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of a BA or BS degree and 5+ years experience required in digital content, product, and/or project management for visual arts, museums, cultural organizations, or related field.
- A self-starter who demonstrates a high sense of ownership and can work independently, while managing timelines and diverse stakeholders across multiple projects as a collaborative and diplomatic team player.
- Energetic and enthusiastic, the ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, multi-project environment, and has demonstrated experience managing content and technical projects.
- Demonstrates initiative and is proficient at problem-solving and identifying areas for improvement. Scrupulous attention to detail in all aspects of work required.
- Enthusiasm for digital content and desire to help create digital products that best meet the needs the Guggenheim’s varied external audiences and internal stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of narrative content creation, and proven background in digital storytelling ·Experienced with user research and behavior analysis and skilled at connecting observations with recommendations for product and content iterations.
- Strong understanding of digital content production, quality assurance, asset management, and project management techniques and best practices
- Experience working with content management systems (CMS) required. Strong computer skills required, including web-based project management software (Basecamp, JIRA, etc.), Microsoft Office, Photoshop, basic HTML, basic JSON.
- Demonstrated experience with developing and documenting best practices surrounding workflows, file naming, asset management, data management, and related areas.
- Engaged with new developments in multimedia solutions and technologies.
- Interest in and knowledge of art or architecture preferred.
The Guggenheim offers a competitive salary and excellent medical, dental, life, disability, and retirement plan coverage. Our staff also enjoys generous vacation, sick leave and personal days, access to a variety of cultural institutions, discounts to museum stores, and a stimulating and collegial work environment.
The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.