Social Media & Online Content Editor
- Full Time
DESERT PUBLICATIONS INC.
Social Media and Online Content Editor
Job Duties Include:
Write original text for a variety of online content types, including (but not limited to) website updates, articles, photo galleries, and advertorials on palmspringslife.com, as well as text for social media platforms. Video and photo skills required. Writing must take into account best web practices and SEO.
Traffic incoming online content from Freelance Team and Editorial Staff. Perform quality assurance on ALL digital content before it goes live to the public.
Plan and execute the growth strategy on all existing and up-and-coming digital platforms.
Develop ongoing (weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly) content strategies and campaigns to help raise brand awareness.
Grow and engage the user community across all social media platforms on an ongoing basis (hourly, daily, weekly, etc).
Manage Palm Springs Life’s social media calendar.
Work with various departments on content, special projects, cross-promotions, unified messaging, and amplifications of various Palm Springs Life initiatives.
Track, analyze, and report all social engagement metrics on an ongoing basis.
Leverage our social communities to build campaigns and contests, as well as to crowd-source compelling content that can be used to reach and inspire more people.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Copy editing skills
- Video, photo skills.
- Familiarity with content management systems
- Strong knowledge of all current social media platform
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively, open to change and new ideas
- Strong design sense
- Deadline driven with excellent time management skills
- Experience managing and implementing campaigns across various digital channels
- 3+ years of digital content experience; proven success in building audiences for media sites and/or brands