Photographer Designer Hybrid
- Full Time
As an integral member of a fun, talented, and nimble team, you will be required to wear a number of hats. One day you might focus on delivering competitive assessments and designing Brand Identity for a Fortune 500 client. On another day, you might be leading an innovation session with an in-house Design team, or conducting rapid prototyping exercises with consumers. You are eager to create meaningful design work and as a photographer, you have all the technical know-how to capture a gorgeous shot in our in-house studio and the right lingo to brief and direct photography teams for large scale shoots. You will report directly to our Senior Designers and work under the wing of company Principals, all while learning faster than you can think and getting paid to do work that you love.
- Comfortable with producing and directing photoshoots
- Familiarity with food styling and food photography is a big plus
- Familiarity with commissioning and contracting photographers
- Experience with studio photography and equipment
- Fluent in the language of design, with a design degree and killer portfolio to prove it.
- Is a wizard with Adobe CS (PShop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat) and MS Office Suite.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, and capable of writing anything from photo briefs to instagram captions
- Loves trends and the practice of design in a deep (kind of obsessive) way. Has been at it professionally for at least 3 years and is an ace at project management.
- Dislikes complexity and the status quo. Loves to experiment and isn’t afraid to fail.
- Is in, or wants to be in Chicago, Illinois
Success Looks Like:
- Your team members and clients love you, you get them, and you’re invaluable to them.
- We’re continuing to build an amazing design agency that sets the bar and has jealousy-inducing work to show for it.
- We’re known as the experts in designing brands that are easy to recognize, easy to recall, and easy to love.
- Your clients say you “are a proactive business partner first, who just happens to be really great at design.”
- We’ve gotten smarter and more effective in how we know the market, approach ideation, execute gorgeous design, and collaborate with other creative agencies.
- You’re learning like crazy and having a lot of fun!